Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is the best literary work you ´ve ever read?    

What is the best literary work you ´ve ever read?

Jayho
Australia

I am about to finish, what I consider, the best literary work I have ever read.

Selected by my book club, it is a gothic novel quickly written by a young man over 200 years ago.  Still popular today, its scandalous nature caused quite a stir back then resulting in two rewrites.

The Monk by Matthew Lewis

19 Jul 2014     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

Winesburg, Ohio  by the American author Sherwood Anderson. I loved its grotesque characters.

19 Jul 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

The Grapes of Wrath by John steinbeck, so realistic and melodramatic story: one has to struggle with its characters when reading it!

The River Between by the Kenyan author James Ngugi is also a literary masterpiece that is  full of symbolism.

20 Jul 2014     

morenopalomares
Spain

Benito Cereno by H. Melville and Of Mice and Men by J. Steinbeck, .... so many masterpieces, such little time!

20 Jul 2014     

olaola
Italy

20 Jul 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

very hard to choose...

- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: pretty modern for its time, i love the love story but also the social comments within the story.

- Firestarter by Stephen King: fell in love with SK when i read this novel when I was 15... his novels are my most precious possessions at home, no one is allowed to touch them!

- the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: makes me feel like a child again when I used to believe the stories i read were true!

- Game of thrones by George R.R. Martin: you never know who will die next, whether it �s a villain or one of the characters you root for...

- Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella: a feel-good chick lit that made me laugh each time I �ve read, no matter how depressed i was at the time. all the novels Sophie Kinsella wrote have that effect on me: i can �t help laughing out loud no matter where I am!

21 Jul 2014     

< Previous   1    2