Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > a way for motivation,also enjoyable:)))    

a way for motivation,also enjoyable:)))

spring
Turkey

a way for motivation,also enjoyable:)))

Hi Everybody,
How are you doing???
I see some posts about old worksheets and I like the ideas.
Now it is my turn to propose smth..
Why don �t we choose the worksheet of the month and do this regulary?
We can also vote for the member of the month?
This may be motivating and it sounds enjoyable.
We also need some fun stuff to escape from real-life fatigue.
But I hope this doesn �t create competition cos I don �t wanna see this area as a contest place.

20 Feb 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I really don �t like popularity contests and would rather be without.

But what people have started doing is leaving a comment about someone
elses great printables that they think should have greater recognition.

L

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I am not sure it is a good idea... I think it will (un)conciously create some tensions and we don�t need that, do we? Is our objective to help one another or is it to determine who can make the best printable on the present continuous (for example)?
Besides, we all do so many different things!! Some like preparing worksheets on vocabulary, others on grammar, others ..., etc. Why would a printable focusing on some specific vocabulary be better / worse than a printable focusing on a particular grammar point? What would the criteria be?

20 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I  totally disagree wiht the contest idea, it might turn the site into an unhealthy competition instead of sharing experiences and work. And I also dont like AT ALL those popularity purposes.

Miss Melissa. Hug

20 Feb 2009     

spring
Turkey

I didn �t look at the subject from this way.
Of course I don �t want tension.
I didn �t mean to create contest feeling this is what I am always opposed to.
I just thought it as a way of motivation but you are right,it may sound differently.
But while proposing this,I didn �t consider it on the basis of popularity.
Yeah,criteria is a must in such things otherwise there occurs misunderstandings.I see it now on your categorization of voc. teaching, grammar teaching.e.t.c Frenchfrog:)))
I should have consider the idea thoroughly before proposing I guessEmbarrassed

20 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

A little PS to my message above.

I grew up in the most competitive place in the world - Los Angeles California.
Everything was about popularity, the best clothes, the most shoes, the best grades, the richest parents, the biggest house, the coolest backyard pool - you name it. Disapprove

I could hardly breathe for all those competitions and pushy elbows wanting to be
first and best.
I take pride in what I do and don �t need to compete against anyone. So anything having to do with popularity makes my blood pressure rise!!
I had to move all the way to Europe to get away from that mentality.

Let �s keep this place a place of equality and sharing. Ok?
Hugs
L

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Don �t worry, Spring! I know you meant well. It may work at the beginning but I think it would rapidly deviate from your original intention. Unhappy

20 Feb 2009     

bigbang
Portugal

Yes, sorry, Spring, but I must disagree with you. Let �s be free, cooperate and share. IIve got addicted to this site, these opinions, these regular visits, and I �m afraid I don �t like the idea of competition at all.
Let �s keep it as it is. A workshop of teachers for teachers who work with pleasure for their students.
Bigbang

20 Feb 2009     

spring
Turkey

Ok everybody,
Just calm down:)))
It was just an idea and reading your opinions now I see that it is not a good one(I admit it).
Sometimes we cannot look at the events from a wider view.
Opinions can change if there are wise thoughts that back them up.
My aim was to praise some of our colleaques � hardwork and  honour them.
I will delete this thread not to mess forum.
If my idea sounded as a competition then there is no place for it cos I have always said members not to behave as if they were in contest and I don �t wanna be in contradiction with my thoughts and thank you for your warnings.That´s why I love this site. We always meet at one point wihout hurting each other.

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Spring, you are NOT causing trouble. Don�t delete anything!

20 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ahem, i TOTALLY disagree with having contests here, because i LOVE the coveted crown that i was given here the other night and which i have lent to Zora just for the day! (Zora, mind you, when the clock strikes 12, i want it back!) Cool

(Seriously, don �t feel bad about the proposition you gave. You probably got all excited about it and the-sooner-the-better posted it without thinking thoroughly. I do that more often than not! But there are people to open my eyes, and ... Well, you know what i mean. I wouldn �t remove the post, if i were you. Everyone here is so supportive, and nice, and sweet, and soft ... Btw, where is Silk-e?? Haven �t seen her for ages! Silkeeee! Pop in!)

20 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >