Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About rating    

About rating

kohai
Latvia

About rating

Hello everybody!
I won�t ever understand the people who can rate well-meant job as �Bad�. It�s not fair! I didn�t post about this on the Forum when it happened to me. But today I had to go through the same dull feelings again when I saw ascincoquinas� contribution rated as �Bad �.

Well, everybody can have their opinion and nobody�s work is perfect for everybody. But, I think, too many of us just don�t care... The 1-star rating can stay there for hours, despite the fact, that tens of people come and download the same work, which means that they find it useful. Sarasantos taught me what to do in such cases - just give your rating! (1+5):2=3 and 3-star rating means �Good�, which can�t be offensive at all.

I´ve noticed that the rating buttons are very sensitive but, if you have rated wrongly by mistake, you can always leave a sorry note in the comments, can´t you?
Let�s just be a bit more empathetic to each other...

Hope, you have a nice day,
kohai 

28 Jun 2016      

karagozian
France

I am the stupid one who voted wrongly. I was the first to download, comment and vote. I just now understand how this voting system works. I thought it was the system that would add the votes, and that votes could only be positive. Honestly I didn �t really understand how it all worked. Now I do. I feel really bad, not only for voting wrongly, but for being SO stupid. I love as ascincoquinas � work. Tried to Change my vote. iMpossible. But meant F I V E. S T A R S of course. Thank you for this post. It enlightened me !!!

28 Jun 2016     

karagozian
France

Maybe someone can vote from r me. Thanks.

28 Jun 2016     

karagozian
France

For me !

28 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

Dear karagozian,
I saw your Sorry note and it made me LOL!!! I wish I had the same from sb. on one of my ppts... and one on faelmoreira�s... and one on korova-daisy�s ws... and so on. The world would be much more colourful! Thank you!!! 

On the other side, the rating system wasn�t introduced on the site properly, was it? It just appeared here one day.  So don�t blame yourself, you are great with all your splendid contributions and all these posts above! Now I also understand that other people could possibly be mistaken too. We learn sth new every day, as douglas said on 27th June...

Cheers,
kohai

28 Jun 2016     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Dear Kohai,

Thanks for the support. Don �t take it so personally my friend. I am afraid the world is rather complex,or people in this case.....
Do your job as best as you can! God Bless you!

Regards from Sunny Portugal!

Ascincoquinas

28 Jun 2016     

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

It is really a very strange world. Two of my worksheets, which are being downloaded by quite a lot of teachers, have been evaluated as excellent and poor by two different teachers. How can that be? Tastes differ, but not to such an extent.   In my opinion, bad works will not be downloaded at all.  

28 Jun 2016     

kohai
Latvia

To: ascincoquinas

Thank you so much for your lovely reply. I will keep your words in mind. 

Best wishes,
kohai  

28 Jun 2016     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

So, we have a new rating system, I didn �t know that. How long has it been there?

29 Jun 2016     

douglas
United States

New to me too.

29 Jun 2016     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think that perhaps we shouldn �t rate at all. What is very useful for one teacher can be useless for an other who might rate it as poor. So why is there a rating system suddenly? We have been working without one for years.

29 Jun 2016     

1    2    Next >