Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Looking for the ´personal touch´!!    

Looking for the ´personal touch´!!

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi everybody,
It isn �t the first time that Laurence (Frenchfrog) raises the issue of these ws with one single graphic or picture that any of us could find in a few seconds in "Google images". It is indeed very frustrating! And of course it �s unbearable that these sorts of ws are being downloaded over and over and getting points! I think that people shouldn �t try  to download SYSTEMATICALLY, day after day, all the 30 ws they are entilted to. In my opinion they should only downloaded the ones that are suitable for their needs. I personally never reach 30 - I choose very carefully the ones that could be of any use for for my kids and my adult class.
So, in brief:
If there is no way to prevent these useless ws from being uploaded,  let �s boycott them at least!
Best regards and thank you, dear Laurence, for caring so much,
Aimee

8 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I really know that uploading such an amount of images ,as frenchfrog has done today, is  time consuming. She has taken the trouble to do it and I really appreciate her effort to mantain the good quality of this site.

I also believe in the value of teaching by raising the same issue again and again as many teachers have been doing here.  I hope that this "food for thought" that some teachers provide reach those unlawful members in order to make this site the place where we can find the most original and creative worksheets ever!!!

8 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree whole heartedly! When I make wss - usually for the younger learners, I use images to support the reading text. Then I make lots of activities based on the text - hopefully this will re-enforce the new words and also keep the kids busy for a whole lesson. I think variety in activities is important to keep the students focused and also to lighten the burden for the teacher who uses my wss.

8 Mar 2009     

freddie
Canada

Hello everyone!

Well I agree with the frog : ) Some contributions have very little to no relationship with  ELT. And I am more than a little tired of opening them up, reporting them and perhaps sending a PM to the contributor. It takes my precious time and other members` and Victor`s (in order to check it and delete it) and I really think that people need to be more respectful of other`s time.

As a psychologist, I can tell you that competition is in the eye of the beholder. If you want a competition then there is one, if you dont then there isn`t. There is no prize here ( once you have reached 30 points) , so there is no competition. The prize is in our minds Smile  

8 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Finally someone "hit the nail on it �s head"  there is no need for competition  - the 30 points is /are the equalizer
Down to earth Canadian logic.  As a fellow Canadian, I couldn �t agree more. 

8 Mar 2009     

Sereny
Latvia

Hello everybody here,
I do agree with you, it �s unfair and frustrating when someone gets a lot of points for a single picture! However, concerning colourfulness and rich design of Wss... I think, it really depends. Sometimes it �s sad to see that a good Ws is not getting points because it doesn �t have attractive design. (To be honest, I keep this in mind when making my Ws I am going to share here.) On the other hand, my little students love worksheets in colour and games with lots of pictures. A Ws with one small picture and a 300 word text would be a useless Ws for a seven year old one who takes his/her first steps in English! Actually, I see that kids learn a lot when playing games and, in my point of view, board games should be colourful and attractive, so I have made some. Of course, this is not an end in itsef, students must learn while playing them.

Besides, it would be nice, if we included in Wss description whether it is editable or not, because we sometimes need to make some changes there. Perhaps Victor could include this editable/partly editable/non-editable as options to be chosen upon uploading? What do others think?

As for one picture or five word Wss and stolen ones - yes, I totally agree with you, let�s boycott them!

One more thing... I just wanted to thank you all for the brilliant Wss you make and share. I am new here, and I am so happy to have found this site! Thanks to Victor and you all my teacher �s life has become much easier now:)
My best wishes,
Ieva

8 Mar 2009     

nejar
Peru

I think there is place for everybody here. You will find what you need and best suits your group. Content-less, colourful, good organization, with lots of explanations and exercises, grammar oriented, communicative activities, just fun activities, you name it. The great thing is we have the chance to choose and adapt what we find, don �t we?

I �ve felt like asking questions to authors of some worksheets, when I have seen  pointless worksheets but I believe it is not our role to do so. Still, I insist we should always try to improve our work and this site has given me the inspiration to do so!! =)  Heart

8 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3