Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

cunliffe
United Kingdom

WOD

I have taken an executive decision to postpone announcing the winner of the WOD until January 3rd, due to inactivity on the forum. If anyone thinks this is imperious behaviour, do get in touch. In the meantime, if anyone is around, what about ANSWERING MY QUESTION WITH A QUESTION? That is not THE QUESTION. Here it is:

Is it time to wake up and smell the coffee?  

Try to address the question (loosely)  in your answer, which - did I say? -  has to be A QUESTION! 
Lynne  

22 Dec 2018      

karagozian
France

Are you trying to be funny again by trying to spot that coffeepot I hid somewhere I do not remember where?

22 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Didn�t Ann Landers, in her advice column, popularize the saying "to wake up and smell the coffee" when she wanted to point out that the reader needed to recognize what was really going on and stop naively deceiving himself?

22 Dec 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Is it true that having a cup of coffee can help us face the awful truth

22 Dec 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Lynne Cunliffe,

I WANT to face all awful truth!
I also want to face all unlawful truth!
But, I find it impossible to wake up and smell the coffee.
You see, I am an insomniac and I am deaf in my left nostril.
So, I never get the chance to smell the coffee.
I feel like a bicycle wheel that has lost its bearings.

Please, help me!

How do I stop naively deceiving myself?

22 Dec 2018     

MoodyMoody
United States

Have you tried looking in a mirror? 

22 Dec 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Thank you MoodyMoody, for your kind compliment!

Yes! I do look in the mirror, regularly.

It is one of the few pleasures that I have left in life.

But, if I made I made myself some fresh coffee, would that leave me with strong grounds to pursue this argument? Or, if I used Instant Coffee, would it be groundless?

22 Dec 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

"But, if I made I made myself some fresh coffee, would that leave me with strong grounds to pursue this argument? Or, if I used Instant Coffee, would it be groundless?"

Les, have you tried throwing the coffee grounds over your left shoulder while looking in the mirror to improve your argument? Should one EVER use instant coffee for anything? 

22 Dec 2018     

maryse pey�
France

Ho Gosh ! Why asking so many questions ?

After all why can�t Les and all the members of ESL throw grains of coffee over the shoulder of the other members ? Will grains of coffee hurt like a coffee pot ? And if Les deaf in his nostril is he blind in his ear not to see the Mirror ?

Ist it true that a broken Mirror is a bad sign ? Will this Mirror be scared when seeing my face ?

Can someone reassure me just before Christmas please ? Should I put some make up or not ?

22 Dec 2018     

spinney
United Kingdom

If I stay in bed, would you mind pouring the coffee into my mouth?

22 Dec 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

If you stay in bed, do you still put your make-up on? Does putting your make up on help, or hinder, smelling the coffee? 

23 Dec 2018     

1    2    Next >