Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD contest 09/06/20    

WOD contest 09/06/20

Aisha77
Spain

WOD contest 09/06/20

Well, here I am, suffering with my new laptop...I wished I�d never give away the old one, as it was much quicker than this one, and this one it�s supposed to be better :( Anyway, let�s get to the point.
The new word of the contest is... :

Snickersnee

I have been missing all year long, I have to say "sorry" to you all, but deep in my heart I truly love being here, but needed a period of time to heal myself in every way (physical and spiritual), and now, pufff, my bloody laptop... Let�s hope it goes better after formatting the unit. 
Let your imagination fly once more, and make me laugh as you only know, love you guys!

;) Kisses and more kisses to my esl family! 

9 Jun 2020      

karagozian
France

So happy to see you again. Missed you !

9 Jun 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

Good to have you with us again, Aisha. 
 Now, if I remember correctly, this is all to do with the popular chocolate bar, Snickers, and is a corruption of "Snickersknee."
If you eat too many of those nutty, chocolatey wonders, the unfortunate side effects are an enlargement and consequent weakening of the knees.
My doctor had to treat me for this when I was in my early 20s just a couple of years ago.
Luckily, I made a full recovery and the only side effect is a tendency to lie about my age. 

9 Jun 2020     

savilla
Australia

Hi Aisha! Good luck with the new laptop. Just yell at it if it isn�t working properly. Machines need to know that you are the boss

Good news, everyone. I�ve used the Internet and I know exactly what this word means now!

Snick is an archaic word meaning to cut through and nee (or née, actually; it�s probably from the French) means a woman�s maiden family name. So when a woman gets married and thus usually loses her maiden name, this is known as snickersnee.

9 Jun 2020     

karagozian
France

Spinney or is it SPINNEE is quicker than I am. So, I can only snick which is a sort of very sad crying full of frustration. And say NEE to Spinney which is obviously "nein" "non" "neen" "not" "snot" .........

9 Jun 2020     

maryse pey�
France

Snif snif your computer really and surely need to be updated !

In other words SNICKERSNEE is the cry for help from Aisha�s old computer  

Grr ! Aisha take care ! The new one is going to bite you !

Résultat d’images pour funny computers clipart

9 Jun 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Great to �see� you Aisha chick! 
A snickersee is a government policy. It is one that the government think will be unpopular, so they sneak it through while there is a big story in the news. It makes them laugh in a haughty, sneaky way (snigger) when they are successful and they say to their opponents with a snigger, We got that through, we can do what we like, see? and the political act is shortened to a snickersee.   

9 Jun 2020     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Lynne,hi
Unbelievable! You got it. You must be speaking about the Brazilian government. 

10 Jun 2020     

karagozian
France

I was thinking of a conflomerate of some (well-chosen) ESL members having a drink together just in between the places they are actually living. Obviously see, or is it sea. Dun no. Al�seimer.

10 Jun 2020     

karagozian
France

And BTW Silvia I thought Politics is prohibited, forbidden, banned, debarred, vetoed, proscribed, ruled out, not allowed, disallowed, taboo, impermissible, not acceptable, unauthorized, outlawed, illegal, illicit, illegitimate, criminal. It is snickers-nee !

BTW: Is talking about racism politics ?

10 Jun 2020     

karagozian
France

verboten, haram, tapu, verboden,
արգելված է

10 Jun 2020     

1    2    Next >