Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD contest 09/06/20    

WOD contest 09/06/20

redcamarocruiser
United States

Snickers is a software like zoom but they are having a promotion of offering a snickers bar to each person who  buys the premium version. The promotion is called a snickersnee (much like a promotion offering free tickets to a sports game is a sportsnee).

10 Jun 2020     

douglas
United States

a "snicker" is a type of laugh
"nee" from the French nèe, means  to be born

So a snickersnee is a birth that brings snickers--for example when the child looks exactly like the  next door neighbor and nothing like the supposed "father".

Have a nice weekend,
Douglas

12 Jun 2020     

Aisha77
Spain

I am laughing... Thx to all!!! Go on, I want more...

I was close to banning myself, spamming my own post. I wanted to subscribe to this entry so I could find it after, and I was going directly to click on "Report as spam" instead of clicking on "Subscribe to this thread"  
🤣🤣😅

12 Jun 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

This word is more or less obsolete now. It�s an Old English word. That is, it was in use before the silent k was introduced to many English words in the 1980s to make English more difficult for foreigners to study. I do apologise if the word foreigner offends any sensibilities; such a ghastly word, but necessary at times. So, in modern English that word is snicker�s knee. A snicker is a person who attends church very frequently, twice on Sunday and once on Thursday. They therefore find themselves genuflecting all the time. Up and down every time they spy the altar or the vicar. The problem is when they genuflect, they doff the same knee every time and it gets inflamed. You have heard of tennis elbow? The snicker�s knee is a similar injury. 

12 Jun 2020     

< Previous   1    2