Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Favourite fonts    

Favourite fonts

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Favourite fonts

I have developed a morbid interest in font styles and wonder if this obsession affects anyone else? Do people have a favourite font, a go-to font, or are people really not bothered? I have noticed that worksheets with some fonts get downloaded more than others, but, are other factors at play? I always think Comic Sans looks soooooooooooo nice, but some people say it is a font for kids. Anyway, if I get no replies, it will be an answer of sorts;-) 
Lynne  

6 Sep 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

Interesting subject, Lynne. I previously downloaded your worksheet on Comic Sans and found it to be interesting reading. People can be very fussy when it comes to fonts and I do get a little peeved sometimes that my favourite fonts don�t show up when I upload my worksheets on this site. As it goes, I love Showtime Gothic and Broadway for use in headings and titles. I also like to use Bradley Hand ITC and Lucinda Handwriting. For the modified fonts that can be downloaded from varies sites I love "attack of the cucumbers" and "choclate bar demo." I have also used "chiller" a few times. For normal text, though, I tend to stick with Ariel or Calibri body

6 Sep 2020     

mfraczek
France

Hi Lynne,
Comic Sans is definitely my favourite font (as you can see in most of my worksheets). Why? I don�t really know, but probably because it doesn�t look too strict or too official. You don�t find it in books or newspapers or any official letters you may receive through the post.
Murielle 

6 Sep 2020     

karagozian
France

I had never considered this could be an issue until I came across your "interesting" ws. BTW, they are all interesting. I usually try to use the most readable fonts, thinking about possible dyslexic students. Once the job (the ws.) is almost finished I choose the font that makes that my text gets properly in the square. So no favourite.

6 Sep 2020     

Cariboo
France

I�m very fond of fonts as well. I wish I could use different fonts on my worksheets but I�ve experienced many weird layout after trying new ones.So I�m very frustrated.
I love the western and Halloween styles . I may have 3374 fonts downloaded on my computer and I�m always looking forward to finding some new ones. Kind of never satisfied woman ahahaha.
But yes I�m sure that a worksheet with an attractive font combined with nice illustrations will get  more downloads .
Once again Lynne this is a very interesting topic.

6 Sep 2020     

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

I personally like Arial.  We also teach Adult Literacy and Numeracy here and apparently the best fonts if you�re working with dyslexic students are Arial. Comic Sans and Verdana (minimum 12 font size).

6 Sep 2020     

valodra
France

Hello Lynne,
I use Comic Sans , and when I teach dyslexic pupils, the SN teachers ask me to use Verdana.14. That is for work ( I work with kids...) For personal use, I like Lucinda Handwriting or Bradley Hand ITC....;-))

6 Sep 2020     

douglas
United States

AS I do lots of business writing, Arial tends to be the accepted standard, though I fall back on my old favorite Times New Roman quite often--in this environment (business) using Comic Sans is laughed at and parallel to putting happy faces in an official letter.  In work sheets I do fall back to Comic sans, Franklin Gothic, and Helvetica.

7 Sep 2020     

FrauSue
France

I like Broadway or Berlin for headers, and Gill sans for text body.

If you�re interested in fonts, I can really recommend the book "Just my Type" by Simon Garfield. I loved it! 

7 Sep 2020     

karagozian
France

Oh Lynne !!! You are not going to terrorize us with your favourite font !!

Hugs from you know where.

7 Sep 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh yes I am!
I�m enjoying reading these and I�ve got lots of lovely font recommendations and a book. I might move on from Comic Sans! 
Hugs from me too. 

7 Sep 2020     

1    2    Next >