Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you please explain to me..?    

Could you please explain to me..?

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Could you please explain to me..?

As a premium member, i was just downloading some of the recent worksheets. But surprisingly, i discovered that some downloads were counted; and so, points missing.. 

Does this have to do with the time zone of each country or just some particular one, or rather with something else..? 

Explain to me, please!

Thanks beforehand!Smile!

15 Mar 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

You can only download todays uploads. Anything older means you loose one one point per download. If you were downloading todays worksheets then you shouldn �t be loosing points. basically you have to think of in Spanish time and the diference in your country because that �s when todays download are uploaded. As a rough guess you would be able to download the free worksheets at about 3-4 am your time because that �s when it �ll be midnight in Spain. I hope this helps.

15 Mar 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Thanks Aftab!

So, this being the case, Spanish time zone is the one to be taken into consideration by all members from all parts of the world..! Right?

15 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If you use the �Show All � link at the bottom of the �New Worksheets � column on the left of the home page you will be taken to all of the worksheets that are eligible for premium member free downloads in the current time period. You don �t have to worry about allowing for time zone differences if you use that shortcut because it is automatically updated.

If you are still having points deducted from your total (not your daily free download total) I would recommend emailing Victor directly.

If you are experiencing other difficulties with the site, please read the FAQ section (link at the top of the page) & then post here if further clarification is needed.

Cheers

15 Mar 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

It is easy:

Make sure you read the following, before downloading:

Download this worksheet     (As a premium member you can download this worksheet free of charge)

If it does not say you can download it for free, it will be discounted from the points you have accumulated.

15 Mar 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Thanks Alien boy and Tere!

That �s exactly what i did; i downloaded the worksheets from the �Show all � link and it said Download this worksheet     (As a premium member you can download this worksheet free of charge) Yet, as i mentioned, points were discounted..

So, what makes a contribution recent? Is it the fact that it lasts in the �Show all � link for a certain fixed time period, or does it have to be outdated once the 24hour time zone of the website (i. e. Spanish time zone) is reached regardless of whether it satyed there for full time or not?

15 Mar 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Well, if you choose the worksheet and download it right away, you will have no prob, but it happened to me that I selected some worksheets and took some time to do the download: time enough to become into old ones  and take my points.

If you do that: first choose and then download, do it early or refresh the page before downloading it to make sure it is still free.

ps  free downloads are only the recent contributions, that is those in the "show all" section. Once they are changed (midnight Spanish time) they become out of reach as free worksheets.

15 Mar 2009     

Abbes_Z
Morocco

Yes, i see now.. So, this must be the reason because i did just like you had done before; i chose and then downloaded.. Approve

Thanks a lot, Tere for your time answering me.. and �wish you all a great and happy week-end!

Good night and sweet dreams!!

Take care everybodySmile!

15 Mar 2009