Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Favourite writer.    

Favourite writer.

Фёдор
Russian Federation

Favourite writer.

Who is your favourite writer? So, my favourite writer is Fedor Dostoevskiy. And what about you?

23 Dec 2020      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I love DH Lawrence, JK Rowling...loads more, but my favourite novel of all times is Jane Eyre.  I am a sixteen year old girl at heart. 

23 Dec 2020     

maryse pey�
France

My favourite write is Charles EXBRAYAT for the French ones and J.K. ROWLING for the British ones.

But as I am a compulsive reader every good text is ok for me !

23 Dec 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

I have said it before and I am happy to say it again, P G Wodehouse. Nobody can put a smile on my face like he can. My favourite novel, though, is none other than David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. I have no idea why, but I really love that book. 

23 Dec 2020     

FrauSue
France

What a good question.
In terms of books I can read again and again, I love Terry Pratchett. But I would say Margaret Atwood and Khaled Hosseini for writers whose prose just sucks you into the world of the book.
There are too many to choose from! 

23 Dec 2020     

Jayho
Australia

I�ll read anything but this year I�ve read a lot of John Grisham (and I also enjoyed Margaret Atwood, Jane Austen, Kerrelyn Sparks, Charles Dickens, Lee Child, Ian Rankin, Daphne Du Maurier and M C Beaton.) I�ve read a lot this year due to COVID restrictions.

24 Dec 2020     

s.lefevre
Brazil

All the above and many more. It is completely impossible for me to give a favourite author as I read anything, from Agatha Christie to James Joyce, from Zola to Yourcenar. There is not enough space to number them all.

24 Dec 2020     

niksailor
Russian Federation

To follow on all the above-mentioned wonderful British writers, I�d also remember John Galsworthy and his well-known The Forsyte Saga which I read being a teen and which made me burt into tears at times... The series is also fantastic. Another heart-breaking novel is Middlemarch by George Eliot. Never read it in the original, though I can imagine the complexity of the language. And ... W.S.Maugham�s stories were definetely a milestone in my language education. 

24 Dec 2020     

Иван
Russian Federation

My favorite writer is Rick Riordan

24 Dec 2020     

maryse pey�
France

What about the unique Richard BACH and his masterpiece "Jonhatan Linvingston the Seagull" ?

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Leslie Charteris - Pearl Buck - Bernard Werber - Edgar Poe - Guy des Car... 

24 Dec 2020     

Jayho
Australia

Spinney - this article published yesterday will put a smile on your dial on Chrissy Day!

24 Dec 2020     

1    2    Next >