Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Question Game    

The Question Game

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Isn�t to enFrench a great word? What about to encat? What would that mean? Are you ever too old to flirt? 

14 Jun 2021     

Sonn
Russian Federation

As we have a "French" thread here I would like to ask native speakers of French: are there any other words where the letter x is pronounced as [ks]? I know Bruxelles and Luxembourg. Are there any others and why are they pronounced this way? Thanks in advance.

14 Jun 2021     

valodra
France

Dear Sonn ,

X is pronounced  [ks] in  auxiliaire, textuel, boxeur, oxyg�ne, juxtaposer, taxi ,  lynx and  sphinx for example ...( just googled it ! )

X is pronounced [ks] when it is inside a word or - sometimes - when X is at the end of the word.

Isn�t Lynne �s post wonderful ?  Shouldn�t we encat her ? Hum ?

14 Jun 2021     

mfraczek
France

Great subject ! Thank you Lynne.
What about taking the French leave? Would that work with cats? 
I agree with Valdora, we should encat Lynne ! 

14 Jun 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Maybe this is a good time to say thank you to everyone who participated, n�est-ce pas? And to TravellingHighandLow for giving us excellent examples of the Frenchification of English? Didn�t we do well? I am quite well encatted at the moment, with two lovely kitties, would you believe?

Shall I now take French leave? Big smile Uh-oh, it�s not French leave if I make it into a question.WinkLOL

Lynne xxx? 

14 Jun 2021     

Фёдор
Russian Federation

Everyone, hello!
I think, that ENGLISH doesn�t become FRENCHIFIED. I think so, because THE FRENCH LANGUAGE IS ONE LANGUAGE, BUT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS ANOTHER LANGUAGE. Yeah, both of these languages are in THE ROMANO-GERMANIC LANGUAGE GROUP, and their vocabulary is similar (i�m not sure, but there are about thirty- or fifty percent of THE FRENCH VOCABULARY IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE). BUT THE GRAMMATIC OF THE ENGLISH AND FRENCH LANGUAGES IS DIFFERENT.
Stay/Keep In Touch,
Fedor.

15 Jun 2021     

RBecca
Canada

Let�s all be thankful we are no longer in a strict quarantine. Or... should this be seen as a quarantaine issue?

15 Jun 2021     

karagozian
France

Isn�t life beautiful when I have my cat on my lap ?

16 Jun 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Monique, it�s not yours. Isn�t it your son�s? But it is the most exquisite creature... 

16 Jun 2021     

jannabanna
France

Do all the Frenchies here agree with Maryse? “IS FRENCH BECOMING MORE ENGLISHISED ?!!!!” I do!

How many Frenchies have read "Honni soit qui mal y pense" by Henriette Walter? It’s a fantastic read about the incredible “love affair” between the French language and English.

Fantastic exercise Lynne! 

Janet xxx 

16 Jun 2021     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >