Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Ads popping up...    

Ads popping up...

mfraczek
France

Ads popping up...

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you are facing the same problem as me: I now have all sort of pop up ads when I surf this wonderful website whether I use Chrome or Edge and it really gets on my nerves.  Is it the same for you? 
Hugs from very windy and rainy Burgundy !  
Murielle 

8 Apr 2022      

spied-d-aignel
France

Hello l Have  the same problem on my tablet and with Mozilla Firefox…..
Maybe we Will Have to send a Word to Victor to know if it is normal. But that s right.. it is very annoying!!!
Hugs from Normandy
Sylvie 

8 Apr 2022     

Makigi
Croatia

Yup, same here, chrome on my laptop. Very frustrating.
And someone reported my ws as "clearly scanned" while there is my own HANDWRITING on it. And yes, it is scanned. Because I draw my own artwork for wss and, believe it or not, scan the wss (shocked!!) before I upload them here. And this is the second time someone does that to me. And that is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more frustrating than all the adds popping out today on this site.
So sorry for trolling or whatever you call it when someone goes totally off topic....but I�m a little bit frustrated today...juuuuuuust a little bit. 
Of course, the major issue here is the one with adds. Hope it will magically go away.  
Martina 

8 Apr 2022     

Crespus2006
United States

Same here 

8 Apr 2022     

miss manal
Tunisia

The same for me and I thought that some thing happened to my google . I am just blocking them all

8 Apr 2022     

claudiafer
Argentina

Yes, It happened to me Here in Argentina. Same annoying ads. I thought my antivirus was wrong. Is there something with the site? May be as it is a free site, ads can�t be removed. 
Greetings.  

8 Apr 2022     

kwsp
United States

I use the Duck Duck Go extension on chrome and edge to block trackers from Facebook, Google, etc and I am not having ads pop up. PS: Martina, I am sorry your worksheet got reported. Your worksheets are awesome!!!!! 😊

8 Apr 2022     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I don�t get any ads on this site. I think my server is google chrome. There are always loads of ads on the other site (islCollective) and also, constant requests for donations. I think, that is fair enough. I have always wondered how this site is financed. Funds have to be generated somehow. 

9 Apr 2022     

s.lefevre
Brazil

For me, it started yesterday. Before, there were no ads. Now, it is really difficult because they are very big and some open in front of the page I�m visiting. 

9 Apr 2022     

kohai
Latvia

Fully agree with Lynne. Surprisingly, this site has always been clean from ad-s. And I also use Google Chrome. Plus, Google Extension called AdBlock. If you wish, you can get it here just by clicking "Add to Chrome": https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-%E2%80%94-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

@Martina: As you are a moderator, you can directly vote against removing your WS on the Moderators� Page. But, as you know, one vote is not enough to keep your WS, so you have to send a DM to any other moderator(s) you know and ask them also to vote. I know this sounds ridiculous and annoying but Victor, the same as all the ESLP moderators, is not able to keep his eye on everything that is going on here.

9 Apr 2022     

valodra
France

Same here. Tons of ads :-((( 
I do not agree with Lynne on that point - though we are the same age ;-) People upload for FREE here , and give lots of their time. I do not see the point of getting money - again and again.
This IS ridiculous , and tends to be just like other sites ....A pity.
When too many ads , I just do not log in - and that�s it. 
I will keep to this. 
Bye ;-)))
Val 

9 Apr 2022     

1    2    3    4    Next >