Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bye Bye ESL    

Bye Bye ESL

s.lefevre
Brazil

All gone, indeed. The site hasn�t worked properly for some time. Firstly we couldn�t see the preview of old worksheets. Then, the site was flooded with ads and now the comments have vanished. Perhaps the site is overloaded. But only Victor can fix such a problem.

1 Mar 2023     

marzouga
Morocco

Hi dear, You are not the only one who lost your comments.It seems there is a problem with the site .Let�s try to be patient and wait until they fix it.Please stay .we will miss you  and your worksheets.

1 Mar 2023     

jannabanna
France

It takes time and money to run a site like this and unless Victor has a team helping him, it must be a heavy load.  I have noticed several things not working as they should and seen messages from others saying they have had no reply from Victor so perhaps he has just given up.  

I haven�t uploaded any of my worksheets lately because as I�m retired from teaching on a full time basis I don�t create them (well very rarely).

We will be sorry to see you go Monika, but I know how you feel!

Janet 

3 Mar 2023     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

Please don�t leave Monica.
It would feel like one of the foundations had shifted if you left.
I feel certain that all the joy, affection and gratitude people felt when they downloaded your worksheets and left comments is still very much alive and in place. Do stay and please don`t be sad!  

3 Mar 2023     

MarionG
Netherlands

I feel I�m one of the "old folks" as well, and I totally understand how you feel. I agree with what others have written before. Things have changed. It indeed seems Victor is not that involved anymore. As others said, I hope he is OK, and is busy with things that excite him. This site built me as a teacher. I discovered it as I started teaching, with no  experience whatsoever (I studied law...). It saved my life, helped me grow. I don�t contribute as much these last years, mainly because I use fonts that not everyone has (the Hello pack) in my worksheets and they just get all jumbled. I have more points than I could ever need. Lately I came back because I switched from teaching English as a foreigb language, to teaching kids that speak English at home. Once again, this site was a life saver. Mainly due to incredible work by you guys, cunliffe, jannabanna monica david lisgo douglas ladygaga and many more. I did notice a big change in the overall qulity of the work presented here nowadays. Of course there are exceptions, and some amazing new people jave joined, but overall there seem to be much fewer contributions, and much fewer quality contibutions. 
Removing the comments (if that is indeed intentional and not a temporary problem) makes it so much less personal. It really is a shame to see the site dwindle like this.

6 Mar 2023     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello dear ESL friends,

So sorry to know this, but that�s probably some temporary thing; I don�t know about each one of you, but I checked my own printables ( not all,  but quite a few ) and it seems that the comments are gone only with the word contributions; my power poin contributions still have the comments. 
What about yours? Have you checked that?

Kisses to all of you, and, yes, I also miss those good old days. I am retired, now, after 44 years as a teacher and I got breast cancer, so I stopped my contributions, but I show up some now and then,

All the best to all of you.

Linda 

6 Mar 2023     

Babs1966
France

Sorry to read you are leaving ESL
I�ve been here about 10 years ago, I stopped teaching for about 9 and now I�m back at teaching and back to ESL
Still great with lots of contributions
But I noticed also all comments have vanished from all contributors
Some with more than a thousant download without a Thanks got me wondering
 Maybe Victor is sick? Not able to be here?
I don�t know if there is an other way to get to request him anything
I just hope the site will keep holding our work and make us able to still communicate

I hope you change your mind and keep coming here
Cheers Barbara 

7 Mar 2023     

teresasimoes
Portugal

I understand what you feel, Monique. I myself have been lately noticing that things here are not working as they used to be. I want to believe that it�s just temporary. So, don�t leave the site. Let�s hope also here better days will come.

7 Mar 2023     

karagozian
France

Thanks for your support and warm Words. No, I won�t leave. Just couldn�t. Will go on helping or giving a hand to anyone. All the very Best to you in this changing somehow weird world. Monique karagozian

11 Mar 2023     

morenopalomares
Spain

My dear Monique,

you are part of this big family that has helped so many of us to prepare our lessons and to discover new horizons. Each of you contributions is a gem ... and you are the one who shines the most.

All my love,
María 

14 Mar 2023     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >