Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ??    

??

JulietaVL
Mexico

??

HI DEAR TEACHERS...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS??

29 Mar 2009      

nkappa
Greece

it �s a piece of art... isnt �t it?

29 Mar 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Clap  lol!

29 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Come on guys, strictly speaking it takes a bit of IT skills and time to produce Vocabulary flash cards so I regard it as a teaching resource.

29 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

My lovely Silke, i think you missed the irony in aftab �s statement. Cool

29 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

And it has 3 downloads... I �m kind of speechless.

29 Mar 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

There seems to be quite a lot of this sort of worksheet lately - either just a single picture or a single word.  I personally feel they are a total waste of time and space (that is no irony it �s what I feel) and what amazes me more is that people actually download this rubbish.  So there must be a market for it and we have a saying �There �s one born every minute � which expresses that there is always someone gullible enough to waste points on something they could produce for themselves in just a few seconds.

So, is it an ESL teaching resource - perhaps.  Is it worth downloading - definitely not.

29 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I think that the points they have got may be the result of some people �s curiosity to see what �s in this ws, a download made by mistake or some downloads made by the same person owing different accounts.

29 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

It �s not my cup of tea... but... we use word & phrase flash cards extensively at school in  Japan.

Some people may find it useful (I know I �d just make my own rather than downloading them).

I believe that to ridicule members in the community forum is extremely rude - as are the attitudes of some of the comments on the page.

If anyone can see the preview they can then tell what it is they �re downloading. SO what if someone finds these English word flashcards useful... it is not my place to ridicule or judge them.

I �m not perfect but I �m very disappointed with the attitude of some of the members I thought were more reasonable, generous & compassionate than some of their posts show.

I �m a little stunned & saddened,
AB

29 Mar 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Alien Boy... I �m your fan!!! You are totally right... besides the one who made those cards is from a country where people write in other typography/ alphabet. These cards can actually be helpfull for someone... What is more I want to know how do you use these kind of cards in your country?...

To all ESLprintable �s members ....  let �s be more friendly!!!

29 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Well, over here we use English on one side & Japanese script (katakana, hiragana & kanji as appropriate for native speakers) on the other.

One of the simplest activities that I use is:
1.  review pronunciation of all the words in English, using the flash cards to help reinforce recognition of the spelling & look of the words;
2. review the English words again but also use the Japanese side for another repetition;
3. start at one point in the class - show the student a card (in English);
4. the student stands up & says the word;
5. if they can �t say the word then the whole class says the word together;
6. you choose the next student & continue from there.

During the practice session I use the Japanese side of the language card to elicit the English translation from the students using the same approach (i.e. show card, say word, whole class says word together if needed).

It �s easy to do variations on this - e.g. all students stand up, when 2 members of a row or column of students get the words correct then the whole row or column can sit down.

Just a couple of really quick examples!

p.s. for Ladybird - orthography is a bit different to �picture recognition�....

p.p.s. when I wrote �it�s not my cup of tea� before, I meant as a download not as an exercise.

p.p.s. in Japan students need to learn about 1900 characters by the time they complete high school. English spelling isn�t the same as using �romaji� - which uses the English alphabet - for spelling. In fact, real English script & spelling is not a large part of the daily life in Japan.

p.p.p.s. I hope members here aren�t happy just to �bag� or criticise someone/thing & try instead to be a little constructive - especially in the public forums & comments on downloads.

29 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >