Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ....    

edurne_tudela
Spain

Hi to everyone,

I am a bit sad today because I have made a big effort in creating a power point ( 4 hours or so) and almost anybody appreciates it.... whereas worksheets which are scanned in a minute are much more appreciated.  I think we should consider a bit more the effort the person has put on it.... except if you think that the material is totally unuseful for you.....

3 Apr 2009      

zoretta
Italy

Ehi...
I do have the same feeling...
Sometimes I just think my worksheets are not interesting or they are not good enough...
I �m sorry for that, because, as you, I put so much effort to make them!

Have a Good Day!

Claudia

3 Apr 2009     

Paree
India

I agree with you......... I get the same feeling

3 Apr 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hey...cheer up!

It usually happens to me. When you feel something may be of interest, it is not and perhaps something else you did not consider so important or valuable becomes into a success...

Do not worry so much 

Smile and enjoy...Smile

3 Apr 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Oh, one day you need something complicated and next day you need something easy. It �s just a market economy thing: fashion and luck matter a lot.
Don �t ponder over that so much - nerve cells can �t be restored! Smile

P.S. Don �t you do all those worksheets and powerpoints and all the other things for your own groups?! As for me I get all the satisfaction(or dissapointment) when I introduce these things to my students. It doesn �t matter so much if somebody downloads it or not. We are sharing not selling!!!

3 Apr 2009     

zoretta
Italy

Well, I think what follows...

when I download WS I see so many nice comments...then I look at mine and not so many comments appear...

The thing is not only downloading it, comments make you fine satisfied!

3 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Oh, Naranjas, you took the words out of my ... keyboard! Smile

3 Apr 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

BEEN THERE FELT THATCry

3 Apr 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

I don �t like when teachers complain that their work is not appreciated here and nobody downloads their pp-s or ws-s. Do you spend 4 hours making the worksheet for ESL or for your students? If your students learn something, then it is not a vaste of time. I never feel that my work is not appreciated. My students like my worksheets and if somebody here finds some of them useful, then it is extra good. But if not, so what :) 
Isn �t that humaliating to write something like that on the forum?

3 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

"We are sharing not selling!!"

Nice quote Naranjas--I like it.

3 Apr 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

You �re right about it all!!!! I had that same feeling when I started my work here. I was surprised that people here can �t see how great my material is. But, I didn �t surrender. I �ve tried and tried until I lastly found a better way of presenting my material.

Naranjas is right. The site is not a trading market. It �s sharing our expertise. That �s what matters , after all.
Don �t give up., and keep it up.

Good luck,
Nebal

3 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >