Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Anyone like the flag with country´s name idea?    

Anyone like the flag with country´s name idea?

Marla D.
United States

Anyone like the flag with country´s name idea?

Tongue�Hi,�
I suggested that the name of each person�s country appear under his or her flag. That way we can see, and hopefully memorize, flags from all over the world. What do you think?
Happy Passover and Happy Easter
�� � � � � � � � � ��http://www.clipartguide.com/_pages/0511-0812-2121-0652.html

9 Apr 2009      

sldp
France

hi
 If you point your mouse at the flag you should see the name of the country it represents. Hope it helps!

9 Apr 2009     

mendiv
United States

I �m with you, Marla.  I have tried pointing the mouse at the flag and right-clicking, but nothing happens.

9 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

You don �t need to right click it.  Just touch the flag.

9 Apr 2009     

nite
Spain

I can �t now but I �ve done several times. sldp is right. It is not a bad idea anyway but I wonder if Victor would have the time to set it up.

9 Apr 2009     

meuge
Argentina

It depends on whether you are using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox . With the first one you can see the name just placing the arrow on the flag, but not with Mozilla. You need to right click on the flag and look at properties.
Hope it helps..

9 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Sorry, meuge etc.  I didn �t know that. 

9 Apr 2009     

mendiv
United States

I didn �t know about going to properties.  Thanks!

9 Apr 2009     

Marla D.
United States

I have an Apple Imac and nothing shows when I put the arrow the flag. Nothing happens. I use Safari.
Also, if I cick nothing happens.

9 Apr 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

I like the your idea Marla.
I use firefox and the name of the country doesn �t show when I point at the flag. I have to right click and so on. Too much trouble and too little time.
Hopefully the idea won �t give extra work to Victor.

Cheers

9 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

I assumed that everyone saw the names of the countries but since they don �t,  I agree -

VICTOR - IS THERE ANYTHING YOu CAN DO SO THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE THE COUNTRY  next to the flag.

I love to check out the flags,  it �s fun.

9 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >