Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?    

WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?

Zora
Canada

In Canada, at least the western part where I am from bbq steak and potatoes is typycal-

And in the Northern Part where I am. Cocido Gallego is the most popular dish. It is made with chick peas, potatoes, cabbage, beef, cured ham and chorizo.

17 Apr 2009     

honey4687
Albania

In Thailand; there are a lot delicious food from many parts of Thailand...
Example this is the one from northeastern. It �s called "Somtam" or you can call papaya salad. It �s very spicy. If you don �t like spicy, don �t add chilly in....You eat somtam with roast chicken and sticky rice.....I don �t want to say.......SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

Thare are many kind of somtam...as Thai somtam (from the central part of Thailnad)  Isan somtam (from northeastern of Thailand) or Somtam with horse crab

17 Apr 2009     

eglantine
Turkey

Turkish manti with yogurt and garlic and spiced with red pepper powder and melted butter

D�ner kebab
The d�ner meat is being sliced from a rotating spit. Note the cast iron plate behind the spit, which is used to cook the meat.

There are so many These are just  examples from delicious Turkish food they are both famous in Turkey and abroad

17 Apr 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

We are a country by the sea so fish dishes are well-known and  aprecciated. This is one of the typical dishes in Portugal that people eat around June and July: grilled sardines with boiled potatoes and tomato salad with onion.

grilled sardines

17 Apr 2009     

Nuria08
Spain

Hi!

We have a taditional dish in Spain, paella, which is quite well-known and appreciated. It �s typical from the East coast of the country, but I think everybody has tasted a paella once in their life. It �s made with rice and the rest of the ingredients can vary according to the type of paella you wish to prepare. The most typical from where I live is made with rice, chicken, vegetables (peas, tomato, red pepper, green beans) and some seafood (mussels or prawns). It �s delicious!!!!

Have a lovely weekend, all of you!!!!! Hugs!!!!...and taste a paella as soon as you can!!!

17 Apr 2009     

najetnada
Tunisia

In Tunisia, our traditional dish is couscous.

17 Apr 2009     

lacorinita
Italy

Interesting question! I �ll sure that you are going to do a lot of nice and useful activities with your students.

It �s true that I live in Italy but in fact I am from Argentina, so I �m going to talk about Argentinean typical food and dishes.

All of us, or at least the majority, love meat, cooked or done in any way. Asado is a technique for cooking cuts of meat, usually beef, cooked on a grill or an open fire. When cooked, it is usually placed in a tray to be served and it can also be served with  chimichurri, a sauce of chopped parsley, dried oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, onion and olive oil.

A lot of people can tell me that its origins belong to other cultures, but another typical Argentinean dish is empanada, considered a national dish. An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry. It may have a great variety of stuffing but the most typical one is minced meat, green olives, onion, raisins and seasonings (especially �comino�). The dough, made with flour, water and �grasa� (the fat of the animal) and it can be fried or baked.

ps. sorry, but I couldn �t enclose photos... I �m not good at IT!!!    

17 Apr 2009     

veronika74
Hungary

17 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

MMMMMMMM hungry.... NEED TO GO TO THE KITCHEN ASAP....Big smile

17 Apr 2009     

gilorit
Israel

WOW !!!!

All these dishes are so inviting....
I must say that here, in Israel we eat all these kinds of food since we are a country of immigrants, new comers, and our cousine is really full of ttastes from all over the world.

Well, I am going to have lunch now...
bye

Orit;-)

17 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >