Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?    

WHAT IS THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISH IN YOUR COUNTRY?

s.lefevre
Brazil

In Brazil we have feijoada

17 Apr 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

Hi!!! Ive got to write on this post too, as Ive seen no one has said anything about the indian food! LOL. Although I was born in Spain, Im Indian so I can tell u about typical indian dishes too! As someone said b4, there are loads of dishes, but Im mentioning two. One is �Samosas � filled with potatoes, peas, and spices, and the other one is a dish to have for dessert. Its called �Gulab Jamun � They taste sweet and are just lovely! Here u have some pics. Have a nice day everyone!

Ive tried uploading the images but theres an error and it wont let me :(. So here u have the links :). Its time for lunch now! Hugs from Spain!

17 Apr 2009     

rach81
Philippines

Hi to all

What a mouthwatering question. I �m a filipino there are lots of delicious food here in the Philippines but the most famous is pork adobo. It �s pork cooked with soy sauce which goes well with rice. We also have Kare-Kare which is boiled and sauted beef and vegetables in broth peanut sauce served with salty shrimp fry.

Pork adobo                                              Kare-kare
View Image

17 Apr 2009     

valedanilova
Macedonia

Mmmmmmm, I �m really getting sooooo much hungry! This is a great topic indeed!!! Well, in my country there are many traditional dishes, however the most famous one is "tavche-gravche" - beans cooked in a clay pan, in an oven. It �s very simple to cook, but it �s very delicious. Yummy!

This is the basic recipe, and to this you can add more vegetables or spices if you like. This is what you �ll need:

500 gr. white beans
250 gr. white onion
meat (optional): bacon, sausages, smoked ribs etc.
1 clove of garlic
80 gr. sunflower oil
2 tablespoons of flour
1 tablespoon of red paprika (powder)
fresh mint, and parsley.
1 tablespoon vegeta (optional)
salt and pepper

First wash well the beans then place them in a pot and add water to cover well the beans (let the water be 5 cm over the beans), then put them to boil. When it comes to a boil, boil them about 1-2 minutes then pour the water and add new water to it. Chop the onion in big pieces and add it to the beans. Also you add the meat choped in a bitesize pieces. Boil the beans until they are ready, but be careful not to overboiled it. The beans must be whole and soft inside, not a mush. Then to a hot pan add the oil and the flour and mix it well until golden. Then add the paprika, mix fast and add this to the pot. Add the minced garlic and the choped mint. Add salt, pepper and vegeta. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes. turn off the heat and preheat the oven to 250 C. Add the beans to a terracota baking pan and put them into oven. Bake them until the beans have little liquid and over the beans have formed a thin crust. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.

17 Apr 2009     

ASA3000
Egypt

Here in Egypt, we have many tastes for food. But the most famous dishes here are

Koshary (a mixture of rice, pasta, lentil.. each item is boiled until it is cooked, them they are mixed together with fried onions and special tomato sauce) .. the other dish is falafel (or Tamia)...

17 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Yum Yum

In New Zealand a traditional dessert is

PAVLOVA - yum yum - although the aussies have tried to claim it as their own - it is true blue kiwi cuisine.

17 Apr 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

I hate stereotypes and even more when Spanish people speak about stereotypes when asked about their country. In Spain there are hundreds of famous dishes apart from paella. We�ve got migas, cocido, croquetas, pisto, alb�ndigas,  lentejas, potaje, judiones, tortilla de patatas, cochinillo, ... and delicious desserts and breakfasts; torrijas, crema catalana, natillas, arroz con leche, chocolate con churros, mazap�n, etc, etc
, and so on

17 Apr 2009     

nejar
Peru

Hi everybody!

In Peru the most representative dish is Ceviche. It is a delicious dish made with fresh fish, lemon juice and served with corn and sweet potato. 
Our national drink is Pisco Sour and one of our desserts is Picarones.

17 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Yummmmmm Pisco Sour....

I miss you so much!

Luckily I have found a source for Pisco Whiskey right here in NEw Zealand!  Am working on my own recipe to astound my friends with!

So much practice is necessary to get it right though!

18 Apr 2009     

hoanghonthisi
Vietnam

"PHO" is a traditional food of Vietnam

18 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3