Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TEACHER SALARIES?? per month    

TEACHER SALARIES?? per month

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

KORDULLAAA. You mean 200 euros a week, don �t you??????

MAR

19 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

KORDULLAAA and JOVANCE: You mean 200-250  euros a week, don �t you??????

MAR

19 Apr 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

SIRAH I WORK IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL (4 hours per week= $450 a month) that �s $28 per hour...
�I work in a private Institute too... ($24 per hour)
I work 31 1//2 per week... that �s �126 hours per month!!!�
so... I think... �weekends should be longer!

19 Apr 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

In Parana State (Brazil) the initial salary is around US400.00 american dollars for 20 hours per week..that is why we need to work more 20 to earn around 1000 american dollars per month..with just US400.o0 you can have issues to survive 30 days..

the rent in Curitiba for 1 person in center area is around  US$ 250.OO american dollars per month..for 1 room in center area...for a house it cost more..

19 Apr 2009     

roneydirt
United States

And yet this is a small portion and look at all those that had to pick up second jobs. 

In the U.S. the median pay this includes from 1st year to those days from force retirement about $45,000 a year with a monthly rent of a small place roughly between $600 to $1,500 depending on the city.  Starting teachers roughly around $35,000 some less and some a little more depending the region and school.  So imagine this divide that by 12 comes to roughly $2,920 (rounding up).  Then 30% for taxes, then roughly another 30% for basic utilities, then rent, then the "extras" the school requires to teacher pay out of their pocket for the classroom, then new teachers are usually paying off student loans, then basic needs like food leaving change in the pocket.  Your in the class basically 6 hours a day, before and after meetings and lesson planning and clubs (which most of the time are told to do).  Then add in you have to take continue education classes every couple years.  And they wonder why so many leave the profession for other jobs.  Add in the students can attack you but you can �t touch them even in defense even though there has been classes we had to take in case we are attack.  I had a very rough school.  Got in trouble disarming a student before he could stab another and it was a 4th grade class.

Korea Native English teachers.  1,800,000 to 2,500,000 won (Korean currency) a month plus a small apartment if they have it.  ($1,355.32 to $1,882.39)  Then you have utilities and any extras you want to buy for the students, or make your apartment feel more like a home.  Most contracts are year long.  If you get an extra class it is between 20,000 to 30,000 won for a 45 minute class.  You can be teaching up to 22 classes for the base pay.  There are always hidden extra fees that just randomly pop up.  Very basic insurance so don �t get any real sickness (like pneumonia) because it isn �t covered.  Some schools will work with you, some somewhat work with you but about half.... well don �t expect anything.  I work 30 hours with 22 in the base pay area the others they try to pay as overtime which is only 6,000 won but I threaten not to work so they paid the least they could at 20,000 won.  I only have to create 12 lessons a week since some classes are the same but it is all from scratch because I am giving nothing in supplies.  I look over the co-teachers shoulders to see what they are teaching so I can attempt to create lessons reinforcing what the students are learning.  I am also at three different schools.

Shanghai China where I am applying for the next Native English Teaching job can be 5,000 RMB to 15,000 RMB depending on the school.  Roughly 18 classes a week.  ($731.69 to 2,195.00)  Some schools supply apartments others give you a housing allowance while others it is up to you to find a place and pay for it.  Not sure how much basic apartments are.  Government insurance provided for most jobs.  Hopeing to get the International job in Shanghai, which starts in September so may have to break my contract in Korea.

Soooo does this answer your question on pay?  Reason to want to know what we are paid?

19 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

People, let �s face it: nobody becomes a milionaire teaching...

19 Apr 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Zailda yes and most of us know that going into it.  But I think with all the requirments and political junk thrown at us we all should get at least some respect and some breaks financially.  there are too many teachers barely making it by and having to get second jobs. 

But as for you won �t become a millionaire those that know teach and those that don �t know write books about it and then they become millionaires like the "Love and Logic" guy or the "Father of the modern TEFL." Dont � want to say their names then it be slander.

19 Apr 2009     

jovance
Macedonia

250 euros per month.

19 Apr 2009     

kordullaaa
Poland

Dear Mar,

200 euros per month!

19 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2