Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > VICTOR isn ´t allowed to put what he likes on his own website??????? What a laughable concept!    

VICTOR isn ´t allowed to put what he likes on his own website??????? What a laughable concept!

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

HI Zailda and all the rest of this great community!!!

I honestly thought that reporting one of Victor �s worksheet to be removed was really preposterous!!!!!!!!!!!

While everything you stated is really true, Zailda, we will have to agree to disagree on this one...because 1st of all, i don �t think that THAT particular worksheet should be deleted for the very same reasons stated by the owner of both the site and the WS; and 2nd of all I DO think that Victor -being the owner of the site and all- should not delete his own work!!!!

He is the one who lets us stay here...and if he wanted -though i know he would not do it, let �s hope!!!!- he could end this site with a click of a button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think THAT entitles him to do WHAT HE WANTS with his site WHEN HE WANTS IT!!! If one day he decides he �ll change the rules we would have to aby by them, you know what i mean?

I say this with the utmost respect...and of course you may disagree with me...that �s the beauty of this forum!!!

Regards from Argentina

Aldana

22 Apr 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

Come on you guys!!! Victor owns this site, he can post whatever he wants. It �s totally silly to fight over such a small thing!!! Don �t forget that this site �s main goal was to share our work in order to improve our job, not to have a place to fight!!! Keep in mind that words can harm, even if we don �t know each other in person. It is a very nasty feeling to resent what other members say about ws. My point is this site was created by Victor for a noble reason, some members destroy this with their childish and sometimes not that "honest" comments.

Disapprove

22 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, he created the site with a noble reason, so he must be a noble person. He can remove the entire site with a botton touching, but I believe he wouldn �t do it just because someone wanted to remove one of his wss. And he can change the rules when he wants, so if he didn �t want his wss reported, he could add to the rules: except the owner �s - just pressing a button! If he didn �t, I undertand that he �s open to this possibility.

22 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

In a round about way it actually highlights the fact that some people are reporting worksheets that should not be reported. The person who reported this in the first place obviously didn �t look through ALL the following pages to realise that this was a SET (not just one picture pasted on a document) or look carefully at the description. (A suggested activity was there)

I think that this shows us all that we need to not look just at the "first" shown page of a printable but to look and read BEFORE hitting the report button. There have been way too many worksheets reported because of some members lack of basic comprehension to read and understand the descriptions or knowledge of teaching at different levels.

Manta: Check, check and double check before you hit the report button
Big smile

22 Apr 2009     

zailda
Brazil

You are completely right!

22 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

I recently got a pm message from someone showing me Victor�s masks as an example of clipart.  If this person is the one that reported it, I suspect she knew VERY well what she  was doing.

I�m with all of you on this--it�s his site we�re just using it--let him do what he wants. 

OBTW- I find Victor�s post very fair, he said if he thought it wasn �t allowed he would delete it.

Thanks Victor.

Douglas

22 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

I see it this way.

Victor has invited us into HIS house! We should respect him - always! If he wants to eat his cereal with orange juice instead of milk, that �s fine because it �s HIS place - not ours! If he wants to watch football during dinner - well, we will have to live with that because while we are at HIS house and HE is ALLOWING US to be here, we should show him the utmost respect and we definately should not be complaining about the hospitality of this fine host!

22 Apr 2009     

blizzard1
Denmark

Once again I want to express my gratitude to Victor for this site and the idea behind it: �TEACHERS SHARING�, which should give us at least a tiny clue about Victor�s nature.

After all we owe to Victor (non of us would be here, if it weren�t for him) I find it ungrateful and distasteful to report his very useful and esl -appropriate material.

It seems to me that some people on the site (thank God not the majority) have problems seeing the big picture and understanding what esl-printables is all about.

I consider myself a �guest� in Victor�s �home� he invited me and I accepted the conditions of the invitation. �Help� each other with what �you� can share.

How do you treat a friendly and bighearted host who invites you with opened arms to his house?

Be grateful and cherish this site!!! Do not spoil it for yourself and for the others.

22 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Hi everyone!

I �m back from my short holiday...and in time for... the heat of things!

I have to say, that this is Victor �s website so he has the right to upload whatever he thinks fit!!

The thing that gets me giggling is that Vicotr can see who reports what since he is the web master...in other words, if you report his ws as a non esl resource etc he can see who you are!  You are not annonymous to him as you might be to the rest of us...

I hope the people who reported his masks are sweating!  I know I would be!!!LOL

I also think its unfair to "bite the hand that feeds you"! (Do we say that in Eng?)

We should be grateful for this wonderful website and the chance to be part of a community that �s based on SHARING! And it �s FREE!!!!

Please. LOOK at ws descriptions and THINK carefully before reporting ws.  Make sure that you report a ws for the RIGHT REASONS!

Hope ur all having a great week.  I came back refreshed & full of energy!

Regards from rainy Thessaloniki!
Alex

22 Apr 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

I TOTALLY agree with you!!!!!
It must be a joke.... It is his site, not our!
We are aloud to send sets of flashcards and mask... colouring worksheets, etc... they are esl resourts... I always use them with my little kids... It is not fair to remove them!�

22 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >