Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > .    

victor
Spain

To all those of you that say that we are going mad, that we should stop policing...

- Do you think that the website would be better if repeated worksheets like this were allowed? What if we all start doing the same? We could have 2000 new contributions every day and nothing new. Is that what you want?

Miss ESL:
I don �t know what messages you are talking about. Do you want to say that you sent this worksheet just to check if the uploading system was working? If we all start to send worksheets just to check, the system will be always overloaded, and it will never work.
Anyway, if you were just testing, you could remove it afterwards, couldn �t you?

For me, all this demostrates that the system really works. There was a repeated worksheet and it has been removed. Isn �t that what we need? We shouldn �t accuse the users who are doing this unpleasant job for the benefit of all of us.

27 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

People are leaving? didn �t realized...
 I agree when you say some WSS are erased with no reason but this system is working!!Almost 90% of the reported WSS deserve to be erased. You are right when saying some members report with no reason but, the rest can vote "Shouldn �t be removed", and we do!! So, please, stop saying "...(members) remove what they want."  I even write PMs to reported members giving some advise to improve so their  WSS won �t be deleted.
 Being rude? Yes, some members are very rude. But we also tell them not to act that way!!
 Not all of us are bad...

27 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

Victor- did you get my PM that I sent you, you never responded..?

27 Apr 2009     

arielka
Poland

I agree that they should be people who check worksheet BUT:

- they shoud leave their names, and if they are   rude they should lose their "power". because they feel unpunished if the are anonymous

27 Apr 2009     

victor
Spain

Miss ESL,

The answer to your PM is is the "Frequently Asked Questions". I could answer messages more quickly if people read them before asking.

So... You break the rules, you upload repeated worksheets, and you even complain because they were removed! And then you complain because there is "mismanagement" in this website! If all users followed the rules, I would have more time to answer messages.

27 Apr 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Well, BRILLIANT
I like it this way, I am speaking seriously, because people are now stepping ahead, now we begin to manage to identify who is who.
Thanks Victor,
Silke, I would �t have said better, thank you
olindalima

27 Apr 2009     

LA LUNA
Mexico

To victor: I �been really sick, that �s why I haven �t sent or downloaded any printable lately, I will do it for sure but not until I feel better. I hadn �t seen this new system you created. Acutally the first thing I saw was a message telling me that one of my stickers printable have been removed. I was a little confused but after checking and going through all the new info I noticed that it �s one of the best things you could have ever created. Of course this is a way to help the site to keep useless or non esl resources away from it. And as professional teachers we should analize our wss. Are my wss useful for me? That �s an important question, but the most important is: Are my wss useful for any kind of student all around the world???? remember that we are here to share our creations. For that reason, deleting or removing non esl or useful wss is something any kind of professional teacher would do. Wouldn �t you???

All this situation will make me work harder to create better things: IF I WANT TO GET SOMETHING GOOD, I ALSO SHOULD SHARE SOMETHING GOOD! Thanks yo everybody and to those teachers who have sent me very kind messages. By the way, pray for us, we are living a very hard situation here in Mexico. God bless you!

Sincerely,
your friend La Luna, ZOILA

27 Apr 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Hello all:

I, for one, am going to avoid any and all things Miss ESL of Illinois says, uploads, or posts.  She just needs to rant, despite requests from many (including Victor) that she control herself and her comments.

Hope everyone ELSE has a wonderful week!!

27 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

After sending me a very rude PM, maybe you need to reflect upon yourself your grown up actions and professionalism Zoe.

27 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Miss ESL of Illonois.
Most forums and websites do not tolerate members who shout, complain and are so disrespectful to the sites members and especially the sites creator(s). They are usually blocked, banned and not allowed back.

People here have been more than patient with you. Victor has given clear reasons and answers and still you continue to SHOUT on this forum.
What are you trying to achieve exactly?
Victor is the boss.
What he says goes.

END OF STORY.

You don �t like HIS rules then you need to find somewhere else to moan about how everything is so unfair etc etc etc....
How would you like it if I came to your house and starting shouting and demanding things in a rude manner? Because that is what you are doing here. You talk about professionalism but I certainly am not seeing any here.

Nothing is ever achieved by ranting and raving. It just turns people off.

27 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >