Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > .    

Zora
Canada

@Miss Illinois,

Victor very rarely addresses anybody on the public forum about these issues. So I really think that you are being out of line here.

You have obviously broken the rules. If you were just "trying things out" like you originally claimed. You could have erased the worksheet the exact moment you put it up and saw the system was working ok - it �s just a click away that delete button! - but you didn �t. And now you are crying because the moderators voted for it to be removed?? That makes absolutely no sense UNLESS you were actually trying to receive points for it...

27 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

Hello everyone

I agree with Silke, Anna P, Victor and the lovely La Luna! Well said. Though the system has a few things to work out, there has been an enormous amount of work done by the moderators to remove empty, corrupted, stolen, and non-esl contributions.  Clap 

There are many abusers of the site with multiple uploads, stolen material, dozens of empty worksheets, users with more than one account, it is sad how hard some people work on cheating and causing trouble instead of putting effort into success. 

I �m really tired of reading comments from people complaining about the system when the moderators put so much work into making the site better for everyone!!  

Have a good night (or day) everyone

27 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Miss esl if you aren �t happy here,  you don �t have to stay.  There are rules and they need to be followed.  Your Nazi was remark completely out of line. 
Barbara

27 Apr 2009     

staceyj1
United Kingdom

a) You need to give respect to earn respect - one cannot rant and rave, and expect to be treated nicely. b) The statements left by the moderators, although seemingly abrupt, are not rude. c) You �re complaining about a free service? Come on! Be grateful for the opportunity - and if a sheet doesn �t upload on the second attempt - try a new sheet! This isn �t a fool proof service, often does have technical problems, but with patience and time - a very rewarding one. You have a community of dedicated teachers - use their knowledge to strenghten your practise - don �t whinge.

27 Apr 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Here is the gist of this whole misery in my opinion.

A while back this site �s server was overloaded and lots of members sent money to help buy a newer and bigger server. It was discussed that there are many duplicate and empty worksheets overloading the server and it would help to "clean house".

At the same time, almost every day someone was stealing another person �s worksheets and uploading them as their own. This theft made a lot of members both sad and angry.
It was getting totally out of hand.

Then Victor created the moderator system because he probably didn �t have time to read countless contributions and many of the most contributing members (those with over 1000 points) are helping him out here.

Another problem is that many people just don �t read the rules. They blindly become members, make mistakes and scream for help about uploads and points. This was also getting the point of being ridiculous. It takes 5 minutes to read the rules.

You write that many are leaving the site. How the heck do you know? huh? There are thousands of members here who contribute worksheets and download without ever having written on the messageboard. We are truly the minority here - so don �t pull the "everyone �s leaving" card here, because you have no idea what you are writing about.

and last but not least...............
I am a very  patient person, but your nazi remark was way out of line and only reflects back on you.
So get a grip, make some good worksheets and stop complaining.
Take a little responsibility for your stuff and stop pointing the blame at others.
And you know what?
I don �t get where you think people are being rude. I just think they are being honest.
I didn �t see one rude word in those comment boxes.
L

27 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with Zora, with Cheezels, with Libertybelle and many more.

We �re sick and tired of you. Miss ESL, stop complaining and start working. And please, FOLLOW VICTOR �S RULES.
If you don �t like them, you know what you can do. We won �t miss you at all.

He �s told you about it several times. He must be a really good soul, otherwise you �d have been banned.
You �ve changed your nick but unfortunately, you haven �t changed your rude behaviour and we don �t like it.

If you �re not happy here just leave us alone but for heavens �s sake, stop complaining all the time.

Mar

28 Apr 2009     

ESL
United States

Mar-

You are so one to talk- you began a whole thread and complained teh whole time. You start working and please, follow Vitor �s rules, if you don �t like it please leave this site. We won �t miss you at all!

You have been told several times , and you know what you can do...You are a moderator for goodness sakes! You of all people should know better....

We are sick and tired of you also...

4 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3