Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Schools kill creativity by Sir Ken Robinson    

Schools kill creativity by Sir Ken Robinson

Ivona
Serbia

Schools kill creativity by Sir Ken Robinson

Dear KIREYA posted this link twice yesterday and no one (except for me and Vickiii) responded to it.
I �m still under the influence of the video, which i think EVERYONE here should see and think about.
Special thanks to KIREYA for drawing our attention to it.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

Vickiii and i said something about it in this thread, if you wish to take a look at it:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7683

EDIT: (16 June 09, thanks to Manonski)
http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=448&title=Pay_Attention

3 May 2009      

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Ivona. Am so happy that you took the trouble to post again re that wonderful video.. It really has blown me away too. I have actually downloaded it and have watched it three times already. �I hope many colleagues will take a few minutes to have a look. �I feel as if I want every teacher of young children in the world to see it! �Sorry for being "on a high" over this but it has really got to me LOL

3 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Sir Ken Robinson is way ahead of most education systems around the world.
He says we are educating creativity out of schools and out of our pupils.
I loved the story about Gillian Lynne - the fabulous choreographer.
Thank you Ivona for bringing this to our attention.
The main problem is, that as long as most schools have a curriculum, we could scream about the importance of creative subjects until the cows came home and no one would listen. People are so concerned about getting their kids into higher education.
But, inspired by you Ivona, we COULD teach in a creative way to keep creativity alive by being creative in our teaching methods. That is a start.
Kids don�t have to just sit and read. The sky is the limit to how we teach our kids.
Thanks again
L

3 May 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Thanks for sending me the post again Ivona:) I tried to watch it last night, but couldn �t connect. I �ll try again this afternoon. HugRosemary

3 May 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Thanks for sending the link!!!!Thumbs UpHug Have  a good day everybody!

3 May 2009     

Montypython
France

Thanks so much Ivona and Kireya!!! Clap

This is amazing, fantastic, a must-see! I loved it and am very thankful to you for:
- sending us the link
- making me think about all this and realizing so much!

Thank you! Hug

3 May 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Thanks for sending the link Ivona!!!!  It �s interesting !

3 May 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

thanks Ivona for bringing this to our attention, it was fascinating and very inspiring...something for all of us to keep in mind in the classroom!

3 May 2009     

wakebeauty
Brazil

thx a lot dear Ivona!!!! this video is incredible and its message is AWSOME!!!!!
uNFORTUNATELY I have to agree with libertybelle. Here is Brazil is the same... THAT �S A PITY!!! bUT I KNOW IF WE WANT WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

3 May 2009     

flo84
France

Thank you Ivona for sending me that link for I was not on my computer when you talked about it. I had a great time watching it, this guy is amazing. I am going to send that link to my friends who are not ESL printable members.
Have a great Sunday everybody!

3 May 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Thank you so much Ivona ;-)
I have just downloaded this funny wonderful, so true lecture.
It really made me feel good watching this video, after reading (& answering to) a nasty , ignorant comment of one member on one ws.
I wish we could all think with our hearts from time to time ;-)
orit

3 May 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >