Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > To all those ´moderators ´ who judge their friends one way & others differently...    

To all those ´moderators ´ who judge their friends one way & others differently...

alien boy
Japan

To all those ´moderators ´ who judge their friends one way & others differently...

Recently a member complained about having �her � number cards reported. This same member received comments of support & encouragement. When you do a 2 second search on the internet you will find these same images on at least 2 different sites:

http://www.coloring-kids.com/numbers-sesame-street-coloring-book-pages.html (all 20)

http://www.sproutonline.com/SPROUT/Print/PrintAsset.aspx?id=5a7dd060-0f22-430e-a196-997a01817d89 (just one example, the rest are also here)

The member who has uploaded these images into a smaller sheet has added nothing extra to the images. Why should they stay?

So, please, moderators... treat everyone the same, irrespective of nationality, gender, race or religion.

I �ll certainly be reporting the worksheets, adding my name & providing links later today.

Regards,
AB

6 May 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi AB! Is it possibly that the moderators did not know that those cards were taken from the Internet (because no one could provide a link)? Is it possible that they thought the pictures were taken from the Net but not the layout, the final product? I have no idea AB, because I cannot remember if I saw those cards or not. I am not a flashcard expert and to tell you the truth I have serious doubts when they should be considered suitable for uploading in the site or not.

Have a good day.
mena

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I have heard through the grapevine that a website was given in the initial report.

But, as always, you �re a very positive individual!

I will PM you with the members contribution.

Cheers,
AB

6 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

AB you raise a good point. Like Mena, I don �t know which reported worksheet you �re talking about.

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Alas, I can �t report it as it has already been reported...

Does this mean that it is still being voted on?

I�m not a �hanging judge �, so I cannot see THE PAGE OF JUSTICE....

Can anyone enlighten me?

6 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

well, alien boy, I have seen so many copied pictures here... I don �t think it �s fair...
some people just upload a cute single picture with three questions and they get 100 points...
worksheet finished within 5 minutes...
some teachers work hard to create SOMETHING ORIGINAL, not just copied pics...
those ws I love and I do download...
when I see copied pic / pics with no exercises, I usually ignore them...
Even if somebody upload a lovely set of pics, nicely designed in a table / boxes, it is still 99% work of somebody else... :-(

The content is the thing that counts... not the lovely frills and cute pics...

6 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

moravc,
It �s true that some worksheets are done faster than others and some do get a lot of points. I �d say that overall, most of us here work hard on the things we upload.

Question is: What is this obsession over points? That �s the subject of a lot of threads lately. I thought this site was about sharing our expertise as educators and provide each other with quality work for one another.   Just a thought...

6 May 2009     

roneydirt
United States

AB you have seem to be the voice of reason on here more than once.  Between the different voices of disconcerning on things going on that have seem troubling to others, some afraid to speak others send their complaints to one another in till there in the past few months seemed to be an uproar between the different camps.  I find it interesting some of the comments sent to me when I mention that in the teaching field there is many camps of learning and teaching what is ESL material to one camp can be labeled as non-ESL in another.  When there seemed to be some bias going on toward one group or one style anger has arisen.  And Yet with a few words AB has tried to raise a voice of reason amongst the chaos and arguments.  Keep that voice of reasoning.

That page of justice seems to be selected for only a few and a mysterious count number that no one can see on what ws get pulled and those that stay.  Reminds me of judgement without representation.

6 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

As it is said in the rules of this site: eslprintables is not a clipart collection!
as 99,9% pictures are from net ...
why not share the source website ? - bookmark the website instead ???

AS I suggested some weeks ago, I like cute pics, I don �t mind copied pics, BUT SHARE THEM  IN A NEW SECTION OF CLIPARTS...
We can have some sort of "approving - voting system" for those cliparts, we can vote for those cliparts (same way - online exercises...) That would be fair. ANYONE would be able to use cliparts and the contributor would get the points after the first day / week of approval... Nice idea, isn �t it?

This would solve one problem - pain in the ass - contributors split their clipart sets into many parts ... upload the pics one by one, they split the whole set into 10-20 files... so those who like pics have to spend many points for getting some clipart copies taken from net...
If uploaders were approved according to the content of ONE file, they would TRY to include as much as possible IN ONE FILE...
that would help us to REDUCE the number of ws here... and we would be able to find what we need in shorter time...
Today there are thousands of worksheets and the site is getting bigger and bigger...
Will we be able to find what we need in 2 years ???
Will we have time to go through all those documents ?
I would vote for complete worksheets consisting of several pages, some lovely pics and some exercises... The nursery teachers can always delete the exercises they don �t need before printing the worksheet...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT ?
WOULDN �T IT BE AN IMPROVEMENT of eslprintables ???
Approve

6 May 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

I �m a nursery teacher---are you suggesting that we cannot have "ready-to-use" printables because you don �t find them useful???
In that case, you can also add some activities to the worksheets you download!
Come on!!! There are teachers of all levels and ages here....let �s try to live in peace!

6 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I like the suggestion moravc.

It may also be a great alternative for flashcards - as they seem to present all sorts of problems in determining what is valid or not as a set (in one document or a series of documents) as well as their usability (words or no words), their origins (copied art/copied art with user embellishment/original art) & activities (often there are no �original � activities that people add to their description, so copied art uploads really shouldn �t be here without a detailed activity included...)

I �m looking forward to further discussion about this.

Hopefully Victor will also �chime in � - it is his site, after all!

6 May 2009     

1    2    Next >