Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > comments ?    

comments ?

altan_neu
Turkey

comments ?

I dont undestand !.. generaly the whole worksheets are stolen from other sıtes, not theır own works and ı saw here worksheets from oxford press and ı am sure there are lots of worksheet whıch are illegaly used here. of course, we are englısh teachers not sheet or book wrıters !.. why do we have to create our own sheets although there are enough hundreds of sheets and works whıch were created by exprienced wrıters. thıs ıs very absurd. ınstead of usıng a teacher �s creature I would rather use worksheets created by experıenced wrıters so ı thınk there shouldn �t be lımıtatıons whether it is stolen or not for uploading... 

10 May 2009      

jamiejules
France

hi, the whole point of not uploaded stuff that we did not create is because of copyrights and ethics!!
We are (most of us) very experienced teachers and a lot of the ws that I have seen on this site are innovative, creative and (unlike some work done in books!!) take into account the needs of real students!

10 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I think you �re free to have your own opinion on this, just as victor, the webmaster of this site, was free to choose his rules, and he did:

Welcome to ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

That �s what �s so special about this site and makes it unique. We are here to share "our" work, and by sharing it we have been growing professionally and have become, hopefully, better teachers. We learn by doing, not by downloading all the time the resources coming from those you called "experienced writers". Believe me, many of those "experienced writers" would be amazed by some of the worksheets shared in this site. Well, you can see that for yourself by going through some worksheets.

Have a nice day!
mena

10 May 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi, I can �t really understand this kind of complaint, altan. If you like the worksheets from
" experienced writers"  so much, why don �t you just take them from the sites you can do it for free? And what makes you think that a lot of people here are not experienced teachers?
On the other hand, you can �t take a worksheet from a website and present it as yours, don �t you think so?
Kind regards,Silvia

10 May 2009     

altan_neu
Turkey

here is unserıous works and creatures wıthout checked and examıned. ı am sure there are lots of mıstakes ın these worksheets. Of course a teacher ıs a teacher when he or she creates hıs own sheets for hıs students but ıt shouldn �t be done always. a mıstake brıngs onother mıstake so we should consıder the mistakes !... 
of course we cant create a worksheets or another thıngs as oxford, cambridge does. for instance !.. right? 

10 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Just to add to what Jamie and mena have just said,I would like you dear altan to answer these question: Does a book writer know your students more than you do? Are you always satisfied with the lessons as they are in official books? Don �t you skip,chop and change to match the needs and the level of your students?
These are the things we are doing here.We try our best to take from here and there.We add the touch to match the needs of our students and we end up with a new work.Even the wss we download here have to match those needs.Sometimes we have to recycle 4 or 5 ws and create one that best fits our objectives.
A teacher �s job isn �t as easy as most people think;but with the love we have for this job everything becomes easy.
Have a nice day 

10 May 2009     

altan_neu
Turkey

ok harim, of course you download worksheet from here created by teachers. do they know your students?

10 May 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

Dear Silvia I couldn �t agree more.... if we are unexperienced why are you here altan neu... I mean if you think our ws are good enough... then don �t use them, but don �t write things like those you did. It is harsh and unnecessary. Don �t take me wrong, I am not trying to hurt you, but most of the members of this site create their ws with a lot of effort, love, good intentions and hard work... why should anyone pass judgement on their ws?

10 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Please the answer is already there:
"We add the touch to match the needs of our students and we end up with a new work.Even the wss we download here have to match those needs.Sometimes we have to recycle 4 or 5 ws and create one that best fits our objectives"

10 May 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

First of all, also this site has plenty of very experienced and capable teachers!!

Nobody says you cannot use exercises from other sites in you classes, many of us are familiar with sites such as British council, starfall, enchanted learning etc. etc.
You can not upload them here though, why? Think for a moment...If you upload them here under your own name it is (besides not very nice) violating all kind of copyright rules from those websites. Moreover, why would we want exercises and sheets here we can download straight from another site? If you have a good site to recommend you can always bookmark it or tell us about it on the forum. The whole Idea of this site is to share your own original work. You state that �we are English teachers, not sheet writers � . I disagree with that statement. A teacher who stands in front of a class knows exactly what the students need; a teacher can make the best suited sheets of all to meet real needs or interests of students!

10 May 2009     

wolfy
Chile

There are hundres of wbsites with teaching material. �This one is a little differnt and very polpular. (growing every day). �Personally I find some of the material here to be better than professinal material produced by big publishers. �Who after all is the best person to create teaching material if not a teacher or at least an ex teacher? �I think you �ll find that most publishing houses do not publish there own material but outsource it to people like us who have the time to sit down and write a book. �As with all teaching material you have to take the good with the bad. �How many times have you seen an error in a grammar book? �We see posts on here every day "the grammar book says this but..." . �The difference here is that those errors can be corrected. �The work here is dynamic. �The worksheets are checked by the people who download them. �Who better than 20 or more teaching checking the work? �On the one hand you complain that work here is stolen but on the other hand complain that you would prefer it if it was stolen? �Here are the first three sites that come up if you enter "free teaching material":

I hope you find them to your liking

10 May 2009     

1    2    Next >