Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What a catch 22 situation!    

What a catch 22 situation!

maker1
Turkey

What a catch 22 situation!

I was reviewing reported worksheets and I �ve come a cross this worksheet
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=232285#thetop which was downloaded by 36 people and not a single comment. Now the contributor is going to be penalised and his or her worksheet is going to be removed and points are to be deleted yet the people who donloaded it are going to use those pictures or the worksheet in their classroom or may be in their worksheets in future uploads in certain exercises. 
What do you think about this? Has this person really shared something with those people who uploaded this worksheet or not. I am really curious to know your opinions. 

16 May 2009      

Sue.
Egypt

Hi,
I think he did share his ws with others, and so far he got 41 points, it �s unfair they use it and he loses the points..
The people who downloaded his ws will use it as it is , or they will take the pics and reuse it somehow, both ways he did an effort and he did earn points, may be you can find a way to keep the points but delete the ws if you see it �s useless..

thank you..

16 May 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

It is  unfair to upload something that it �s not your own creation while other teachers spend hours making worksheets!!!
THAT is UNFAIR

17 May 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Mishuna has misunderstood my point. I am not defending or debating scanned or copied worksheets but the people who download and use these worksheets. What about them?

17 May 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

I �m sorry maker1, but what was the problem about those Ws? Were the other people supposed to know that they were scanned or copied? I �m not catching up...

17 May 2009     

maker1
Turkey

I am not saying they were to know. None of us would know as a matter of the fact but what I am saying is this some people benefit where as other people get penalised for what??

17 May 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Ok, I got it. I took a look at it. :-) Now I understand. And I think that those people who downloaded it should be warned not to do it again. People must be aware of the rules. If not this will become less interesting.

17 May 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Selling stolen goods is a crime but so is the buying.

17 May 2009     

maker1
Turkey

People should look carefully before downloading not just because it is free.

17 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I absolutely agree with you: "Selling stolen goods is a crime but so is the buying".

The thing is that there is a way to punish "the seller", but no way to punish "the buyer". And, to tell you the truth, I �m not sure there should be one. 

For example, yesterday I was going through some of  the worksheets I downloaded a month or two ago and realized that one of them was literally taken from a textbook. At the time, I did not know that. I downloaded the worksheet because I knew it would be useful for my students later this year and I left a comment thanking the author for that. Should I be punished too?

I don �t think so. That �s why that rule cannot exist. We wouldn �t be able to establish the degree of awareness of the buyer.

Have a good night.
mena

17 May 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

I don �t think someone should be penalised for downloading a worksheet taken from a book or a site since we don �t know aaaall the books or aaaaall the sites! I myself have not downloaded worksheets when I �m sure they have been taken from one of those sources and I reported them.

But as Mena, I downloaded a worksheet a couple of days ago which I found really interesting and then I knew it had been reported since it had been taken from a book I don �t know and it is certainly not used here in south america!

I honestly think this topic is out of the question. What �s the use in considering everyone guilty of something? I don �t know if the expression exists, but here in my country we say that there are some people who are more "popist" than the Pope himself!...

Have a nice weekend you all

Tricia

17 May 2009     

1    2    Next >