Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > precious space    

precious space

mildredpierce
France

When teachers behave like kids : "your wss are not better than mine" which tends to echo "my Dad is stronger than yours"...�It makes me wonder if maturity is ever reached anywhere. We are teachers, we want the best for the kids, this site is not a competition.
As for me, 0 points members are not an issue, because they can �t download anyway... I �m more upset with people who stop uploading right after they reach 30 points...�

Victor is doing a great job, I have nothing to complain about!
Have a nice day!

4 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

�As You Like It � (or not...)

The fool doth think he is wise

but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Confused

4 Jun 2009     

mildredpierce
France

As for me, 0 points members are not an issue, since they can �t download wss anyway. I �m more upset with people who stop uploading right after they reach 30 points... and then behave like kids saying things as "My wss are not better than mine" or "My dad is stronger than yours".

We are teachers! There shouldn �t be any competition here!

Have a nice day!

4 Jun 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

Look Abdelhadi!... This is your PM I just received!... This is a public discussion so don �t tell me not to speak!.. Who ARE you!??
If you think that I never saw your previous HUGE post before... I did, and I read!... just because I don �t post messages that often on the board..doesn �t mean I don �tknow what you are on about!...
And please!! this is so rude! how can you ask me not to speak!?
Are you for real!??? I �m begining to think you really are joking with all this!
You can �t be a teacher!

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Answer to your comment

QueenJade
It �s better for some people to keep silent and not to speak until they know the situation better. This is to avoid some misunderstandings that have no purpose but to water the tree of disagreements. So plz think twice before you speak and it �s better that you don �t speak until you understand! I �m sure that by time you would change your view. That �s why I forgive you what you said.

4 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Sounds like time for my favourite quote...

It �s better to be quiet & be thought a fool than to open your mouth (or should that be post a comment) & prove it!

Tongue

4 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

@Abdelhadi

You do realise that it is okay not to be in agreement with your opinion. And that praising certain members while ridiculing others isn �t exactly polite. We all have different opinions on things here and we should respect that - even if we disagree with that person �s view.

So far, nobody has been rude to you. They have all expressed their opinions and are cautioning you that it is Victor �s site and he knows what �s best for it.

Firstly, the number of accounts here on the site does not take up "unnecessary" space and as I am an admin at another site, (not ESL related at all) I know that most times accounts need to be deleted one by one! A humongous job that would take Victor forever to do... 

Secondly, the general consensus here on the forum is that things are perfect as they are. Why force people to contribute any more than they have? It �s not necessary, the amount of work produced each day is mind-boggling and there is no lack of work to choose from.  So I have no idea why you are complaining or suggesting we change format or rules? I mean, it would be different, if there was hardly anybody sending in stuff but everyday there are literally hundreds to chose from.

But anyways, THIS is just how I see things. Please don �t take offence at my words.

Regards,

Linda 

4 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I, too, am still new here, but I would like to know if there is anyway to discover the people who are registered here but have totally quit using the site? This might help with space and make everyone feel better.

Carla  Smile

4 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

wow... just wow.... its nearly 10pm and I have just gotten home...I am speechless really... I am not sure whether someone was just having an off day, a day where they were bored or a day where they felt like picking a fight....

One thing I do know...is that your words Abdelhadi are at times very rude and cutting about other members... just because they don �t agree with you.
Victor has said before that the accounts of people that are not active do not take up any space. So why should you or I or anybody worry? I personally do not value a member by how many points they have or don �t have.

Also I had to laugh really as you say that everyone should be made to contribute a certain amount... but then later down the track you say the reason you have not contributed more than two worksheets is because you are busy etc etc etc so did you stop to think for a moment that the reasons you give might be the same for others?
I would guess that a lot of the empty accounts are from people who signed up thinking that they could download and THEN read the rules about having to upload first... and never came back. Who cares about them? I certainly don �t!

My advice to you is to relax, enjoy the site and let Victor worry about how he wants to run his site.

4 Jun 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I �ll stop sending comments here as the last ones are moving place and you don �t know who posted the last comment. So enough discussions for today. Tomorrow is near here. So till then!

Abdelhadi

4 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

WOW!!! How insulting is this thread going to get! �Quote from abdelhadi :�"I can assure you that you are the type of users I don �t like on this website. If you had a logical way of thinking, you wouldn �t have said that silly comment. If you don �t have the ability to read my comment, you can just ignore it and there is no need to say silly things which show what kind of teachers you are."
I happen to be someone who has just read the comment that is referred to here as being "silly". �Well to me it was just being "chirpy and funny" �An attempt to get people smiling again.

So the person referred to here does not �not come up to the�standards and opinions of the�Author�of the above insult.!!!!???Well isn �t that just too bad!! LOL�None of us are claiming to be faultless here! �We are just a cross-section of teachers from different cultures. Some of us can have a very serious temperament . Some of us can be serious, while at the same time we can be humourous, funny �and chirpy. �We are all different! �But none of us deserve to be insulted here. I for one have no right to get up on my own high horse and castigate anyone. I can differ in opinion but I must always respect the opinions of others. I can do that in a calm and diplomatic way. �If I get annoyed then I must hold my "powder" dry, lest I hurt someone by my words. I can also PM to state my views.

Again I feel the need to repeat something that I have said before in other threads.....ESL is not ALL about WORKSHEETS! There are so many more ways to contribute here...sooo many! �I have got such a great amount of help here through PMs and emails. I have learned so much from studying the posts here.�I hope that I have helped too.�In �fact I think I would be correct in saying that (for me)it has been through the features that I have just mentioned that I have benefitted most from this great site.�For others it is through the worksheets.
Oh when is all this going to stop so that we can really ENJOY this forum!�
CarolineHug

4 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >