Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are your favorite English TV programs?    

What are your favorite English TV programs?

Aimee/S.
Israel

Black Adder, Friends, Gilmore Girls,Betty (I never watch soap operas but for some reason I watched and enjoyed the Colombian original version of Ugly Betty - then the Russian version (with Hebrew subtitles!)  - then the recent American series)

I grew up in Morocco. As a child/teenager I loved: The Lost Islands, Little House on the prairie, Hawaii 50, Fame, Dallas... I never heard the original voices, they were all dubbed in French. I watched some episodes of Dallas here in Israel and I couldn �t believe that JR had such a voice and accent!!!

Right now watching all over again Gilmore Girls - I love it!!!!

Have a nice weekend,

Aimee

19 Jun 2009     

mailis
Greece

What a nice subject....!

I love sex and the city, friends (I have already seen them 4 times...maybe more) and desperate housewives!!!!

HAVE A NICE AND SUNNY WEEKEND!

19 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I had almost forgotten how I loved  Little House on the prairie, Allo, Allo Who �s the boss? Kung.fu with david Carridine, Different strokes, Yes Prime Minister... just to name a few...

"Who ´s the Boss?: Pilot (#1.1)"Kung Fu Pilot

Have a nice day.
mena

19 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hmm tricky.... currently I like Cold Case and Without A Trace... someone else mentioned Couplings and I loved that series too.
I love crime type series.... I used to like CSI until it turned all slick and flashy... I love House he is hilarious!
Today is a holiday here in Sweden as tomorrow is Midsommar, but the weather is looking decidedly dodgy and looks like rain! Pity for all the people who will be maypole dancing tomorrow and having Midsommar parties

19 Jun 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

"The Vicar of Dibley", "Father Ted", "The Royal Family", "The IT crowd"...The first three are old ish. The last one is recent. Depending on the age of your students the first three might be more suitable.
I hope this helps...and yes,English humour is great! It �s a shame here in Spain people don �t understand it very well. I �m lucky, I �ve been with a guy from Liverpool for 15 years and luckily for me I had to get used to it. I love it!!!

19 Jun 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

Repeats of �Only Fools and Horses � every Christmas after dinner. Can �t beat it.

I am also married to a Liverpudlian (Evertonian) and the Germans just DON �t understand his sense of humor. LOL Liverpool folks are so great though I love going there to see his family and friends. Usually only footie on the TV though.

Greetings from rainy Germany. Yeti xx

19 Jun 2009     

spring
Turkey

I am a fan of Cold Case and CSI New York nowadays.
But many of the series mentioned above are my favourites,especially the old ones.
And unforgettable Malcolm LOL What an enjoyable family they were...

Have a nice weekend :))

19 Jun 2009     

donapeter
Romania

For  roneydirt : I think Soup Natzi is from Seinfeld, not Friends.  

19 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Yep, The Soup Nazi was in Seinfeld.
In the sitcom category, Friends is my all time favourite.
In the drama category. Six feet under is among my favourites.

These days, I watch Desperate Housewives, CSI Miami and CSI NY, Bones, 24, Criminal Minds.

There is nothing interesting on tv in the summer but I �ve developed an addiction to the American version of Big Brother. I watch it with my cousin and we both know it �s dumb but it �s our guilty pleasure of the summer.

19 Jun 2009     

chrabonsc
Poland

Allo Allo is the best one for me :)))�

19 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >