Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My opinion    

My opinion

eng789
Israel

My opinion

I am leaving the forum until Nebal �s pictures have been pushed off.

I love dogs and find it difficult to look at those pictures.  I agree that the dog is incredible but I don �t like to see him and his misfortune turned into an object for people �s entertainment.
Bye for now.
Have a great week.

28 Jun 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Well, yeah, maybe you are right about it!!! But, this post was meant to show our very respect to animals, and especially to dogs. I love dogs and cats. I didn �t mean any harm.

My post shows how we can find the power of will through weak creatures, like this lovely poor dog. Let´s look deeper and furthet than the outer image. There´s a hidden message, a message for humans .

Anyway, life is black and white. It �s not bad or harsh to see both sides.
If I saw this as improper, I would delete it. I did this before and deleted a post, if u remember. But, this one, I don �t think I �m wrong about it.

I respect your opinion and hope u respect mine.

Sorry for staying away!!

Have a great weekend too.
Nebal

28 Jun 2009     

Akanah
Spain

I �m sorry Nebal, but i think this is not the place for these photos. Maybe in the teacher �s cafe?

Olga

28 Jun 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Sorry, but I agree with Barbara (eng 789). It isn �t easy to look at these photos.

28 Jun 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I also love dogs and find these photos distressing!

28 Jun 2009     

nejar
Peru

I do feel sad too. I wouldn�t like to be shown this way in front of others, unless that was my decision.   

28 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

How about just writing a nice message to Nebal telling her how you feel instead of going on a full-blown strike?

No one here wants to hurt anyone and I �m sure N would remove them if she knew how you felt.

L

28 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

It wasn �t my intention to hurt anyone.  As I stated,  I was just giving my opinion.

28 Jun 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

ohhhhhhhhhhh
 what people in gaza do then who lost thier legs and hands and everything?

28 Jun 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

i think Nebal is an honorable person in this site and i respect here alot
she meant nothing and these pics are cute and as what Nebal said (My post shows how we can find the power of will through weak creatures, like this lovely poor dog. Let´s look deeper and furthet than the outer image. There´s a hidden message, a message for humans
so in my opinion its anormal thing and acute pics it dosent mean that for entertanment so...thax alot for these pics and i will save it and share it with my friends
thax alot Nebal and dont listen to anybody coz all the world saw what (.....) done in gaza anh how many people who become such like the dog without legs and hands
regards
khaled 69

28 Jun 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Khaled69, unfortunately for some reason I can �t distinguish your flag so I don �t know where you come from. This is not to take away from Nebal �s intentions in any way, but I have a physical handicap from birth, which does not mean I �m not 100% functional. I �m Irish, but I live in Spain, where I have my own very successful business and quite frankly I �d hate to be shown like that dog. As I said before, those photos were distressing, not for what they meant, and, Nebal, I don �t doubt your intentions, but they highlight differences. If I met a dog like that I �d think �good for you � and continue on my way. Please don �t take this post the wrong way. I have absolutely no hang ups and neither should my doggy friend:) Hug Rosemary

28 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >