Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am very disappointed with my very hard and valuable work being deleted by site admin     

I am very disappointed with my very hard and valuable work being deleted by site admin

noname001
Australia

I am very disappointed with my very hard and valuable work being deleted by site admin

Dear co-ESL teachers,

Just heads up I am very disappointed with my very hard and valuable work being deleted by site admin left and right....!!

Extremely disappointed...some of the reasons he/she gave are totally unacceptable...

1) 50% of Internet is copied in some or other way...can anyone copyright English verbs/slangs (which is being used my trillions of people and are in tens of thousands of Dictionaries around the globe) ??

Unless published as a book, is it not ridiculous to say something on web is copyrighted (in USA or Australia no one can copyright literature of general nature eg verbs/slangs etc)

2) If someone has copied your work and posted before you on other website, what can you do for this?

Anyway I am out of this site,  I hope web admin uses some civilized wisdom and does what is useful for ESL community as a whole...

I bet he is more interested in collecting material for himself...

Best regards, Nisha 

16 Dec 2009      

_babz
Canada

you �ll be back....they always come back..

(of course, I �m just kidding, and understand your frustration)

take care!

16 Dec 2009     

noname001
Australia

naah..!!

Mr Victor saved me 250 US$..actually I was so thrilled and happy to have come across this site and was thinking to make 250 US$ donation...but guess what now...

Good luck to me and people like me and all !!

:)

16 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Sorry but all of your worksheets had direct links that the moderators checked. Also I seem to remember that you have had other worksheets deleted not too long ago for the same reason? (Copied from the internet)

You cannot copy something from somewhere,add colours and a border and call it yours. The links were from different places so have all these websites taken your materials?

Many people moderate and worksheets are deleted when there is proof (ie a link or a confirmed book and page number.) when the reason is given as have being copied from another source.

The rules of the site are very clear.
http://www.eslprintables.com/send_printables/beforesend.htm

16 Dec 2009     

noname001
Australia

okey...I am out !! You win....happy ??

16 Dec 2009     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Nisha i am so sorry this happened to you but should have read the rules of this site before uploading. As in any site or place when you become a member you have to abide to the rules and in this site you cannot upoload material taken from the net and just copy it  into a word document and put some cliparts or lines. You might use net resources if you add your own work to that but  is more than unfair that some member here work from scratch to creat a useful esl resource and someone came in and just copy something. i dont know if this was your case but if you just pasted a list of slangs and didnt add any exercises or activity to do with them is not your original work so your are not following the rules that the owner stablished. let me ask you, if someone put a list of vocabulary found in the net how long do you think that person worked on copy/pasting that? at most 15 min. my ws are all original and it takes me more than 3  hours or even more to make them. is it fair?

to your second question.. if someone took and published somethign from you, you can contact the site administrator and provide evidence so that site remove your work.
  as for the civilized wisdom, this rules has mantain a fair environment for a long time in this site, and has made it the best site for esl resources, is a shame you have to go, but i guarantee you that you will not find anything better than this, and trust me, i have searched for more than 9 years and nothing is like this. so good luck.

16 Dec 2009     

_babz
Canada

250 US$ !!! WOW!

That �s a shame...

You �re still here? Thumbs Up Good for you.

16 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

So let me get this straight..
You come to the forum  indignant and angry all because you got caught out (again) copying and pasting work from the internet.

AND insulting the sites owner who has got to be the person with the biggest heart and the most patience to keep this site running as it does, to be the BEST ESL site on the net.

Are you crazy?

Don �t let the door hit you on the way out.

16 Dec 2009     

noname001
Australia

excuse me...caught out ??

That sounds very aggressive !!!

FYI as per Cyber laws, in USA or Australia (also in NZ afaik) no one can copyright literature of general nature/use eg verbs/slangs etc...are you aware of it ??

Yes I must be crazy...I spent entire weekends to prepare 7-8 ws and they are all deleted...!!

I thought I belong to here... but seeing you guys coming heavily on me I am happy in our world !!!

Seems you have too many doors and only few windows, if you get it !!

Worst part is, you guys making me feel guilty !!

:)

16 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Interesting vernacular there.... where in Aus are you from?

16 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Yes Caught out.

Your worksheets were reported as being copied from another source. They were reported by anyone who is a member here.
Then they were looked at, links were provided and then they were deleted.

When you signed up here you agreed to the rules of this site.
I suggest you read them again.

• ESLprintables.com is designed for ESL teachers who want to share their own resources: worksheets, flash-cards, articles, lesson plans, etc.
  • Only registered users can get full access to downloads. After registering you have to send us one of your own printables.
  • Every time your worksheets are downloaded by someone, you �ll get 1 point for your account. You can use your points whenever you want to download other printables.
  • Our homepage will show all the contributions received the previous day. Premium users (users with more than 30 points) will be able to download 30 new contributions for free every day.
  • If nobody downloads your worksheets in a whole month, they will be automatically deleted.
  • We guarantee that your personal information (name, email, etc) will never be given or sold to anyone else.
  • Users are not allowed to create multiple accounts.
  • The printables included in this website are property of their authors. When you send us a printable you agree that other people can download and use it.
  • The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.
  • You can only send printables created by yourself. You will never send  printables taken from other websites or publications. You will never send printables whose origin you don �t know (worksheets borrowed from other teachers, for example). If we find stolen printables we will delete the account of the user who sent them.
  • The administrator has the discretion to remove any worksheet or contribution, if it is considered necessary.
  • Premium users  can help us to keep a fair website reporting all those stolen printables. It will benefit all of us.
  • If you need images to make your worksheet, please use your own drawings or take them from public domain cliparts.
  • We can �t guarantee the continuity of this service. It is recommended that you keep a copy of your files.

The rules are also again laid out when you go to send a printable.

So you can be as angry as you like really. The fact remains is that your work all had links to pages on the internet that had the exact same content. The only thing different was colour and borders.

There was no original input from you. Straight copy and paste.

So NO you have no sympathy from me I am afraid. If it was your first time, then maybe... but other worksheets were deleted too, so you KNOW that you cannot copy and paste here and submit a worksheet like that.

16 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    Next >