Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Misusing the forum    

Misusing the forum

blunderbuster
Germany

I think we should also respect Victor �s decision to introduce the teacher �s caf� in the first place. 

2 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

As I can see it, only few people care about Victor paying for the server. If this is the way "the great majority" who "enjoys and likes to wish happy birthday in the forum" appreciate his generosity, it �s really sad!
These are Victor �s own words : You know that we have a limited web space. (http://eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=18038) And those huge pictures take much more space than some wss. So I guess the people who insist on staying these images in the forum, should reconsider their behaviour - (sorry, but couldn �t find better word).

2 Apr 2010     

stexstme
France

Michaela,
Maybe you were not a member at that time, but many people around sent money to help Victor have a new server  ... Not arguing, just giving information.OK ?
I think you �re overdoing it, just for a few birthday wishes...which make this place such a friendly one... But I can understand your point - just saying mine...:o) Not going to fight, LOL!
Thinking of ..."old" members like Zora - sorry, Linda!!LOL - to me, it is a pleasure to see how much people care, & thank her for being so nice & helpful on the Forum...Wishing her a Happy birthday is one way to do it..
But if we do not agree, never mind!!
Wishing you a nice morning / day / evening/ night ....,
SylvieHug

2 Apr 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

To AJFC.  
I think it �s easy to edit the post clicking the EDIT button and just removing the pics that are no longer on the first page.
To Sylvie.
I have to agree with you that it �s nice when people are so warm over here and care about each other, but all those pics stay forever, that �s what MJ means.

I wonder what Victor thinks about this issue...

2 Apr 2010     

stexstme
France

Dear Yulia,
Maybe we can ALL think & help Victor by :
Not sending BIG pics here,
But still wish friends Happy Birthdays ???
Don �t know...Just telling you my feeling - not saying I am right...!
+ LOL : I think Victor has a lot to do already - maybe we can be .... �wise � ... ???
I won �t make it a fight - as I already wrote, but it would be a shame not to wish people �s birthdays, to me ...
Hugs from rainy & - quite !- cold France!
I �m off :o))) Sylvie

2 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sylvia,
maybe you �ll be surprised but I also send some money by that time. And yes, if you want to wish HP, do it, but why with that huge images? That is my point and I I exactly new WHO will not agree with my thread. That �s why I wrote about torturing me because there are people who will NEVER agree with me, no matter what I say. Unfortunately, exactly they are those who send the huge images.
I didn �t start this thread to fight, I started it to make people realize the space is not endless.
Happy Easter to you Wink

2 Apr 2010     

stexstme
France

Happy Easter!!! ( We �re having a three-day-break!!!! )
Love

2 Apr 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I �m not against sending wishes, but let �s count how much space was occupied only by easter pics this year.
MJ, i hope people will be more careful from now on, i personally never thought about it myself, thanks for raising up the topic.

2 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hey guys, NOBODY has said anything against sending birthday wishes. Nobody has said anything against being friendly and appreciative. People are just reminding you of Victor �s words. He is the boss and I am sure he means what he says and says what he means.

2 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

This small picture has 34,9kb. If you send 10 of them, it �s space for 1 worksheet. Is it too difficult to write a PM, or wish without all these silly pictures? Well, probably it is. I only hope you will support this site when there will be no space and it will have to move to another server?

2 Apr 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >