Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Misusing the forum    

Misusing the forum

Akanah
Spain

You are right, Michaela. We �ve talked about this so many times. Why don �t we respect Victor �s decision and in, let �s say 2 hours, we all remove our posts related to "misusing the forum"?
 Julieta, as much as I �ve always respected your wise opinions, I must disagree when you say "the great majority enjoys and likes to wish happy birthday in the forum". I don �t think so... It �s a waste of space. We wanna wish Linda a happy birthday? Yes, of course, we all like Linda and her work. What about sending her a PM? It wont disappear till she removes it.
 Have a great weekend you all.
 Olga

2 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

I agree with Julieta in that I �d like to see the rule reconsidered. Perhaps there could be a forum category for birthday wishes which would automatically be removed after a few days. That way people could send all the birthday wishes they want and space would not be taken up permanently on the server.

Just a suggestion. However, for now, the rule is what it is so we should abide by it and stop posting wishes on the forum. This topic has raised everyone �s awareness if nothing else.

Hope everyone is enjoying any holidays they are currently having!

Lindsey

2 Apr 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

M J Misa, as I �ve written before, I think sending sincere b-day wishes should ALWAYS be part of the messages we send each other, but on second thoughts, I have to say :
the old members here know what they are talking about when they mention Victor and the space limit and all - I personally didn �t -  so let �s send PERSONAL MESSAGES more often !!
Some people have already suggested that and I �ve to say it �s the best option, I guess .
What matters here, to all of us I think, is that the person having a b-day gets the message, right ?  Why not privately and with pics as HUGE as we may want ??
The cafe is not so good as not many of us go there often, but PM is always there waiting for us to open them ! Just a final thought, as it �s getting late here.
Have a good night �s sleep, everyone  Hug

2 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Sorry...

I myself am guilty... yesterday I posted some pics as  b-day wishes. Embarrassed

I completely understand Michaela �s concern and promiss I �ll never do it again. Victor paid a new server last year (with our support) but he hasn �t bought the server, he has to pay it every month (or year). So the more we clutter the site with pictures, the less space for worksheets we �ll have.

Everyone agrees that b-day wishes are important, but aren �t the wss our priority here? Sometimes we have to choose which �s the best for us:

- posting pictures on the teachers � cafe and saving space for the wss;

or

- posting the pictures on the forum and paying for another server in some weeks or months.

Victor has already told us which option he prefers.

Have a nice day / evening!

3 Apr 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Let �s have some more rules, more enforcement and more pissed off members. We �ll be able to save at least 750 bytes.

Now that �s a really great idea. Wacko

3 Apr 2010     

eng789
Israel

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all those whose birthdays I missed because I do not go into the cafe. 

I have stopped going into the cafe because all the pics and stuff was too much for my computer.

I am sorry I don �t know everyone �s birthday so I can �t send individual PM.  When they are mentioned on the forum and I happen to be online at the time -  I get a chance to wish people HB.

I don �t see anything wrong with B. wishes on the forum as well as Holiday greetings  - remember we are also people.

So have a happy Passover/ Easter holiday everyone.  And for all those celebrating birthdays - may all you wish for come true.
Barbara

3 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

You can find Victor �s original opinion here when he first set it up.  I�m not sure if this still stands or whether he has amended it.

Cheers

Jayho

3 Apr 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4