Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is the Christmas weather like in your part of the county?    

What is the Christmas weather like in your part of the county?

GIOVANNI
Canada

What is the Christmas weather like in your part of the county?

What is the Christmas weather like in your part of the country?  We rented a chalet in Mt. Tremblant, Quebec, Canada for the holidays and at the moment it is -29�c outside.  I�m not sure if I am brave enough to attempt to go outside and participate in any of the outdoor activities. Burrrrr..........
What is the forecast for your country?

23 Dec 2008      

domnitza
Romania

A chalet sounds good, no matter where it is and how cold it may be, as long as there is a hot cup of wine, with some cinnamon and oranges. LOL 

Here, in the south of Romania, it  is cold, (around 4 degrees) and NO snow. They say it will snow, but I am afraid we won�t see too much on Christmas. I always remember my childhood winters and the joy of playing in the snow. Approve Children nowadays are glad when seeing a few snowflakes dancing from the sky, and know real snow only if they have the chance of going to the mountains.

Enjoy your holidays, wherever you are!

Thumbs Up

23 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Here in my part of Spain, it is sunny and warm! Amazing weather actually since it is usually cold, rainy and windy at Christmas time. We are probably at about 15�C - I was just standing outside in the afternoon sun and it was beautiful - not a drop of wind. If we are lucky, this will hold until after the holidays.

23 Dec 2008     

sviviana
Portugal

Hello Giovanni and Ladybird.

Here in the south of Portugal we have sunny days with a max temperature of �15 degrees and a min 8. Not bad, hum!?
Well, for us is pretty cold,�in particular during the night!�LOL

23 Dec 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

You people have no idea what it is like to suffer in really hard weather. Do you realise that I have to sit here in my shorts and T shirt having to endure 28 degrees C on an evening and 32 degrees in the day. And not just at Christmas, this is the same every day of the year.  How we really have to suffer in Malaysia!!!!!!!!

(You can keep your snow and ice anyday - I�m stopping here!!!)

23 Dec 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Ladybird:  I am glad you are enjoying your holidays no matter what the weather.  Domnitza, the hot wine, cinnamon and oranges sounds fantastic.  I�ve never had wine that way, but I will try it.  Zora and Sviviana I am glad to hear it is nice and warm where you are.  Logos, I envy you.  I have been living in Canada most of my life and I am still not accustomed to the harsh winters, but they are beautiful.  Tomorrow there will be 20cm of snow, so we will have a beautiful white Christmas.
May you all have happy holidays.  I wish you all the best.  It�s great to be a part of this site.  Relax and enjoy.

23 Dec 2008     

domnitza
Romania

Dear Logos, I would gladly change the cinnamon wine with a cold fresh lemonade!  LOL I do remember having some dresses and T-shirts in the wardrobe, but the days I used to wear them seem so far away....
But the spirit of Christmas is the one that really matters, so Santa can wear a coat, some jeans, or a T-shirt.

23 Dec 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Our weather is always like Ladybird�s weather.Confused
(at least most of the time!!)
L

23 Dec 2008     

renca
Czech Republic

Here in the Czech Republic the weather seems to be the same as in Germany - a bit chilly around 4 degrees Celsius and windy. The weather forecast says that it is going to freeze during the holidays, but the snow is going to be only in the mountains :(  The old good days with snowfights and snowmen are gone ........

23 Dec 2008     

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

Good Morning to all of you !! At least for me LOL. It�s 9:45 a.m.  and I just got up Embarrassed.

I just turned on my PC to check what was going on., and I�d like to participate on the weather topic.

In Mexico we have all kind of weather, it all depends where you live. Right now in Sinaloa (north pacific), it�s nice and cool early in the morning and in the evening (enough to wear a light jacket) but, in the afternoon it�s very warm and sometimes hot !!

I love cold weather and I miss Chicago�s snow!!

Well, I have to go. I still have some shopping to do.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas full of joy, warmth, happiness, love and peace !!

I send you all a very big Hug.

Take care and have fun, Charmed One.

23 Dec 2008     

arkel
Ireland

Hi everybody, my weather here in the south west of Spain is very similar to Sviviana�s. We must live quite near! I don�t think I could take an Irish Christmas anymore due to the risk of breaking your neck on slippery ground. I prefer to go back at other times.
Myspace Christmas Myspace Animated Gifs

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

23 Dec 2008     

1    2    3    Next >