Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Asking for donations    

Asking for donations

aftab57
United Kingdom

This is one time and place where I definitely will contribute via credit card. Its absolutely woth it.

3 Feb 2009     

campbelldavidson
Japan

Yeah sure!!!!

Best site on the net. Totally worth it for the amnount of wonderful materials I have already downloaded.

3 Feb 2009     

dawei20
United Arab Emirates

Pardon me if I sound too suspicious, but it seems that people are donating much more than could possibly needed to merely �upgrade your server.

According to your whois information, your current server host is a company called eNom, which if you go to their website, you can see their most expensive hosting package is priced at a mere $23.68/month.

Surely, if this package is sufficient to hold the current traffic, then you should not need a package much more expensive than this to keep the site functioning, correct? Why then are so many people sending you donations of $100+ to keep it running?

Furthermore, according to estibot this site receives over 5,000 hits every day and has an appraisal value of $20,000. As an experienced webmaster myself, I can say that those numbers will very easily earn you hundreds of dollars every month from carefully chosen advertising.

And finally, is there any proof you yourself fund this website Victor? You may be a webmaster, but all this means is you have the password to edit it.

...I apologize if I seem a bit cynical, but I think it is fair that if you are going to rely on people�s generosity, you should at least offer some kind of guarantee that their money is indeed going to a good cause. Such is expected with charities, and should be expected for a request for money such as this. Because from what people have posted it seems you are receiving far, far more money than could possibly be needed. 

Understand, I am not accusing you of any sort of purposefully malice act--perhaps you do need a little money--and I think it is in human nature that a person would not hesitate to accept more than what he/she actually needs. Because of this, it should be your responsibility to say exactly how much is needed, and to prove why. Because I do believe it is the right of anyone who donates to know where their funds will actually end up. It is not a crime to accept money that is given to you, but if it is unnecessary for the purpose for which you have requested it, then I believe people should be informed of this.

3 Feb 2009     

micah
Japan

Thank you always Victor and YES this is one site worth donating for. All I have to do is find a way to send money beside using a credit card!

3 Feb 2009     

domnitza
Romania

Hi!

I don�t know what you think but if I were Victor I would be very angry and disappointed at the same time because of dawei20� post. Besides being "suspicious" and "cynical" he seems rude and misinformed, too. And he makes some pretty rough accusations. I know that money is a very delicate subject and it can easily hurt people�s feelings (though it shouldn�t). I read again all the posts in this thread and I didn�t find anyone mentioning to donate $100+as  dawei20 said. I also checked his account (sorry, I couldn�t help myself! Embarrassed) and saw that there were 0 printables uploaded. Maybe if he were an active member of this community he wouldn�t rush into making these accusations.

Once again, I really really didn�t like his post. We do have a private message system, he should have used it and sent Victor a message. I do not like people who shout "Thief" and throw stones. I am sure that besides money and effort Victor has made a lot of sacrifices keeping this site work. For us. This has no price. I am sure that many of us spend a lot of time creating more and more printables, inventing new methods to keep the students active and interested, while our own families feel neglected and a little abandoned. I know that many of us stay up until night to correct lots of tests, papers and compositions, that we cut and paste, stick, colour etc.

Smile that�s a smile instead of a  conclusion.

Domnitza

3 Feb 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

I agree with Dominitza,
Sorry I had to smile because I am at the moment cutting out little socks and hats for my kindergarten lesson and I have to say... anything that I find on this site that saves me even a few minutes in prep... then I am sorry but it is worth a small donation. As for how much Victor needs for a new server is not really important. How many of you offer your services without being paid? Some of us earn very little but I am sure noone does it for nothing. (I might be wrong) If some of the money goes into Victors pocket .. then why not. He is providing us with a fantastic service here!!! In my eyes he deserves every penny.

Keep up the good work. Clap Yeti xx

3 Feb 2009     

kiru
Austria

Hi Victor,

of course I am going to donate, but I would like to do it without the use of a credit card. So can you just give me the exact data of a bank account? (IBAN and BIC/SWIFT code). As soon as I get your answer I�ll send the money.
By the way. Thank you for all your effort and I am sure that a new server won�t be a problem.
Kind regards  from Austria

3 Feb 2009     

allakoalla
Latvia

Hi all of this great community!
This is not the place where one should be suspicious as we have spent a lot of time "together". Many of you have called this place your second home. This is what I think myself too. Of course it is ONLY FAIR to pay money to the person who keeps it running! I remember that once anybody has a problem he or she does not feel uncomfortable and the first thing to do is to ASK Victor, mo matter if he has or does not have enough time. Just imagine that we could lose this site! Then what? I think that many of us have already tried to search for the material on the NET. The first thing is- you can be relaxed about using the material from ESL printables as it is not protected by copyright! It can save you not only your money for paying for the books to buy, but also trial expenses!
So, the only thing I would like to know - the bank account as the credit card is not a comfortable way of payment for me. Please send me the bank account.
Have a nice day!

3 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Anything to help this site! Victor is an awesome and often unsung hero! This site is the BEST thing that has happened to my teaching in YEARS!! I have never felt so motivated and inspired due to others work and of course the awesome community! :)

3 Feb 2009     

a isabel
Portugal

Dear Victor,

I was afraid of using my credit number, but I tried using Pen Pals and it worked!
I have just sent you my contribution. This site deserves any possible help. Your work is huge and the cooperation among most members is very useful, friendly, supportive  etc. deserves all the most positive adjectives we can think of. I hope that  everybody else contributes so that this wonderful site goes on.  Thank you!

3 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >