Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > So sad...    

So sad...

Zora
Canada

So sad...

Lately, I haven �t partaken in many discussions because the honest truth is to see people that I consider friends bickering back and forth because each has a different opinion is disheartening to say the least. Also, at least two of them, who are trying to lighten the mood here, are being accused of being immature and not knowing their places.

And I ask people - what are our places? Is it not here? With others that enjoy discussing things in a polite, albeit silly way at times? And do we need to agree all the time? Must we always nod our heads politely to keep others happy? Are we not allowed to have an opinion of our own? I don �t know, lately it seems like we can �t because if we do, we are shunned, yelled at or ridiculed by others here.

Sad that we are treating each other in such a way. We are teachers (or so we say but at times, I wonder) and I thought that some of us were friends but perhaps, I was wrong about that too... 

Friends respect each others opinions, accept them as they are and embrace their shared differences. They do not make fun of others, ignore or ridicule them.

To say the least, I am saddened by all this. Hopefully, things will be better next week.

Warm regards to all... and hugs to those special few that I can disagree with and still be friends with at the end of the day... you know who you are... Smile

Linda

5 Jun 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I so agree with you Linda.  Thank you for this heart-warming opinion.
L

5 Jun 2009     

Mariethe House
France

dear Linda,Bella!

How can anyone be nasty to the friendliest, most sincere ,most helpful , most dedicated, most

everything girl on this forum? Shame on them!

Don �t be disheartened! You know what high opinion people have of you, Linda, So cheer up    

and ..... yes, tomorrow will be another day!

Love and hugs from your friend: marieth�

Hug  Hug
Hug

5 Jun 2009     

Khadooy
United Arab Emirates

Hi all,

I agree that we have different opinions and this is the nature of human beings. We do need to share our opinions but in a polite manner...I should not accuse or harm others even if they have opinions that clash with mine... I should convey my opinion in a way that show that I am an educated and considerate person...

Thank you Linda,
Khadija

5 Jun 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

Zora

I respect every word you are saying

great words and honest words

I will do what you are saying personally ;)

hugs and kisses from Kuwait

5 Jun 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

I know what you mean and I know what you are referring to. I took part in the discussion the other day and although I didn �t agree with what you said I didn �t like the way others answered you back. That �s not the way to do things, this is not the way I try to teach my students when they don �t agree with others and certainly it �s not the way I �m bringing my own kids up. This is a big community and we are likely to have different opinions. We should always bear that in mind and respect other people �s.
This might sound silly, and some might think it �s got nothing to do with the topic discussed here, I was born during Franco �s regime, my dad was in prison for a year when my sister was 2 and me 14 months, only for having a different opinion and he always taught us to be respectful to everyone, even if they didn �t think like us.
I hope I �m making a point, and don �t worry Linda, tomorrow will be another day.
Enjoy your weekend and try to disconnect.
Hugs from sunny Spain.
Inma

5 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Zora,

In fact, I don �t know what happened the other day. But, what I know is that I would never make a great , honest, and supportive friend like u that sad. You �re so dear to many members in the site, including me .

You are right about everything you said, and I need not to add more. It �s not bad that you argue with a friend; however , it �s bad to disrespect this very friend.

Never mind my dear Linda, I �m always here by your side.
Remember, a friend is one to whom one can pour out all the contents of one �s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keeping what is worth keeping, and, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.

Hugs,

Nebal

Red Flowers graphics

5 Jun 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Linda,

Please don�t let unpleasant or even offensive comments put a stop on your smart and insightful participation here in the Forum.  I understand that it is not easy to share ideas with people from different cultural backgrounds. We are teachers and must try to deal with this situation in a civilized and understanding way.  I know it is hard. After been called names I was also hurt and refrained from participating much.  Like Inma �s father I was also a political prisioner during our dark times in Brazil and I know the importance of respecticting differences in opinion.
This is a fantastic community and you are one of its assets. Please put a smile on your face!
Hugs, Anna

5 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hello my dear zora, I �m not sure what you �re referring to, but what matters is that I know that each of us has the right to have their own opinion and we all have to respect that. We can be the best of friends and think differently about a specific subject. That happens all the time and we must not mix things up!

Wish you a nice day. Hug
Take care.
mena

5 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

i don �t think zora is really sad. i bet her �swede partner � is away somewhere and she was just in need of a hug. just like abdelhadi last night (hi, to him!!) ... huh?? Ermm

5 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hmmm.... my dear ivona, I wish you were right! But there �s something in her words that carries the sadness in her heart...  Unhappy

5 Jun 2009     

1    2    3    Next >