Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Not happy with this site    

Not happy with this site

_babz
Canada

There �s always.....

5 hours? you �ll be lucky if you last 5 years in this job, that is, if you don �t get fired first -

28 Jul 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Hi,
this site is great and very useful for teachers. For me I am  an eslprintables addicted. I check it every day , many times a day.
You have to take time to understand the rules here before getting unhappy.

28 Jul 2009     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Wow! So many replies!As you may have noticed... members here feel really identified. We are all here JUST to share. Share material, experiences, worksheets... And sometimes a "not nice" comment makes us react! However, your comment made me react in another way.. I feel like giving you a hand.
It is true that starting anything is not always easy! Trust your creativity & enthusiasm, though! We may be a bit (or more!) experienced... but you have the lively energy all of us had when we began! TRUST YOURSELF! Read, search & ideas will come up naturally. All the best in your teaching!
If there is anything I can do, ... a piece of advice... contact me! Regards, fabiola.

28 Jul 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Geee I find it interesting you can easily see Luke was stressed in his words and worried about doing a good job but as usual there are the same individuals quick and a couple new ones with their attacks.  I really wonder about their teaching skills since they can �t even tell when someone is stressed and needed to vent.  How they handle their students when they get stressed and vent.  Remember it isn �t just the words written or spoken, but the thoughts behind the words written or spoken.

I want to thank everyone that actually took the time to send a kind word to a new associate and maybe future friend in the teaching field.  Maybe your kind words and offers to help will help him on his way of becoming a very good teacher.

Now Luke it will take time and at first it will be extremely stressful, but in the end it will pay off, maybe not financially as we all know teachers are screwed over in that department, but by the looks in our student �s faces as they learn something new.  Watching their glowing eyes light up may not pay the bills but definitly soothes the soul.  Now there were some offers of help and highly recommend adding them to contact lists for future reference and if there is a ws you are working on there are several like Fabiola, Alien Boy, and a few others that will more than willing help you even after posting them so you can get them fixed to be the best learning tool for future references on your wss for your students.  But do please watch the language, I too am working on that because we can get too stressed and accidently use it in front of the students if we are not careful.

28 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, Roney dirt ,

"but as usual there are the same individuals quick and a couple new ones with their attacks." I really don �t see the point of this. Cause, from the first reply to this guy to the last before you, I can �t find one who was rude, impolite or attacking him in any way. All, without exception,  gave him more time than he seems to deserve to calm him down, offering him help with the hope of gaining him.

Maybe some used a firm
tone but in noway impolite or rude. Yet, that was sure for his benefit a sa younfg teacher. Or are you telling us to clap our hands each time someone or even one of our SS uses such inappropriate language? Otherwise we are bad teachers.

Good night.

28 Jul 2009     

Mr. Maru
El Salvador

I am sick of these whiners. 

28 Jul 2009     

dareka1
Japan

I found him really funny. I thought it was great!!! That is the feeling you get when you are in a difficult situation and you need a worksheet by tomorrow morning. It was how I felt when I came across this website one and a half years ago.Smile

28 Jul 2009     

dareka1
Japan

I don �t think it is fair to make fun of McDonalds workers (see above). Some of them don �t have a choice, and for some of them it teaches them a lot. Many people could (and do) make fun of being an English teacher.

28 Jul 2009     

kathy2701
Peru

Personally, we should not expect to get things for free. Life ain �t that easy. I mean let �s face it, we all need to get some kind of award for our good work and it is by sharing that we feel our work is valuable and so get the privilege of downloading worksheets. We MUST work hard, so we get people to download our worksheets and get some others.

I am quite new here and never before had I found a place where to share my work and get similar stuff.

28 Jul 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Hi Luke
you wrote:
"BUT When I am more experienced and know what works, I will be able to share ideas that I have tried out and contribute....but i then probably won �t really need too many ideas, no?"

Well,
I have been a teacher for over 25 years, have helped train lots of young teachers in English and French, published lots of things for other teachers both for English and French classes, (in books, not on the internet I mean): --> I came across this site some months ago and find it wonderfully inspiring.

I found great ideas, used them, changed them, adapted them - learned lots of things, added to my teaching style, saved a lot of time, had several questions answered, helped some people, come across wonderful and interesting people, struck up a penfriend relationship between my son and a colleague �s son who lives thousands of km away from us --- and I hope to continue doing all this until retirement  Approve

ESL is a give-and-take site, not a take-away site, and that makes it valuable and leads to a feeling of community and generosity.
Stay for a while and you �ll notice. Meanwhile, I �m sure several people offered per pm to mail you worksheets you would like to download. (If not, let me know). They �ll teach the nobody you are at the moment (or what did you call yourself) a lot of things in no time, promise!
And while you hang around, watch your language and your manners. You �ll notice quickly to what extent cooperation, cordiality and enthusiasm are the spirit of this site.

Dorothea

28 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >