Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > offending and rude messages    

offending and rude messages

morganalin
Portugal

The clothes that she is wearing don �t offend people because it �s usual to wear tops here in Portugal. She isn �t offending anyone.  Lucia isn �t the immoral one here.

28 Jul 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

I don �t think ANY of this needs to be discussed in public.

We should deal with offensive private messages in private, if necessary with Victor �s help.
Although I do find the message very rude I don �t agree with it and with the the name of its author being made public here.

28 Jul 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Dear Lucia,
Just ignore the ignorants. You look lovely and should be proud of being so.

28 Jul 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

i think u missunderstood me miss lucia . i said before that we can choose another clothes that cover for example the body and ofcourse it will be suitable and also avoid such bad comments from such people like the one who sent u that rude message
really miss lucia i respect you alot and i respect your work too
forgive me again for my opinion and cosider it wrong as you you want
regards
khaled 69

28 Jul 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

khaled69
you �re opinion is to be ignored....

Please, don �t answer my posts anymore...

28 Jul 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Khaled, Lucia �s body is covered and there is nothing wrong with her avatar.

I can �t believe this is turning as if Lucia is responsible for the comment she got because of the way she is dressed in her picture.
The comment was rude, uncalled for and had nothing to do with the purpose of this site.

28 Jul 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Unless you wear bikini at school, you can wear whatever you like, Lucia. Here in Europe IT IS NORMAL to wear shorts, t-shirts, summer dresses, tops, shirts with no sleeves, miniskirt and what so ever...
Yes, there are SOME countries, where women must wear long dresses, or cover their hair / or even faces...
But is PERFECTLY NORMAL to wear whatever you want, if you live in Europe.
I believe there is quite hot in Portugal and I don �t find it problem to wear summer clothes when it �s hot...
Your photo is ABSOLUTELY NORMAL. If there are some people who follow different culture of clothing, they should respect the fashion in YOUR country...
I would be really surprised if a Scott supposed me to wear a Scottish kilt :-)
If there is a person, who sends offensive message, please contact Victor, and he will do what he should do...
Dear friends, I think it may be better not to publish your own photo here, to prevent any strange or rude messages...
Please friends, respect each other... Thank you very much!

28 Jul 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Moravc, if a member wants to use their picture as an avatar, they should have the right to do so without being offended. There are illustrations I could use that would be far more offensive than a picture of myself for an avatar. I just prefer illustrations because I rarely like pictures of me.

28 Jul 2009     

mariannina
Italy

I don �t think that the problem is solved putting "extra clothes" on Lucia! The offended is Lucia! It �s true we belong to different cultures but we are teachers and we are supposed to be opened to the others and if we don �t agree, we are free to say it but in respectful ways. My opinion is that those who haven �t got the same opinions as mine are not my enemies, unless they attack me or offend me!
He who wrote the message to Lucia is not a teacher, it �s impossible he is!

28 Jul 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

dear LuciaRaposo
I can understand you. some people here can sometimes be very offending with their comments or strange attitudes. what
khaled69 is doing just describes what I �ve stated. your clothes in the picture is much more normal than normal. these are just sick way of thinking.

28 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >