Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > offending and rude messages    

offending and rude messages

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

HI EVERYONE

I �m really glad for all your support! I really felt offended!!
Anyway, I �ve already contacted Victor and I truly believe he will "solve" it!!!

Thanks once again!!

Enjoy your summer holidays Wink

greetings from Portugal

28 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, Khaled

We are here in an international community. A community composed of tens of different and varied cultures and customs. What makes the strength of this community is that people here accept each other �s differences whatever they are because they are teachers. Teachers who are the first to tell the young generations all over the world to respect the others � customs because what may seem not normal for them is perfectly normal for the others and vice versa.
Anyway, Whatever Lucia �s way of dressing is it can absolutely not be as rude, impolite, inappropriate, and sick as the message she received.
As many stated it already this kind of message can �t come from a teacher. Never! So the only thing to do here is to ignore and make a request to Victor to ban this individual and bookmark his ISP address so that he cannot register again.

Dear Lucia,

If you don �t mind my saying, one of the principle in tolerance (and far from the idea of giving lessons) is to accept others � apologies. You know it is not easy for anyone to make apologies in public. And if someone come to apologize in public, the least is to assume these apologies are sincere and accept them even if we want no more contacts with this person.

Here you are. I think you/we are giving this person much more than he deserves. Such messages and behaviour don �t have there place here. The solution is simple. In case of such nasty things we �ve just to contact Victor. he will ban the person as he did it before several times.

I think it is not necessary to post it in the forum so that some insidious people don �t get the occasion to throw more oil on the fire of intolerance and hatred.

Thanks to all.

PS: Remember folks that many people here don �t use the flags of their native countries. Some for some acceptable reasons but many just to hide their origin by cowardliness or for inconsiderate purpose.

EDIT; Very wise words as usual LadyBird and the others I didn´t see it I was typing my own post.

28 Jul 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

i �ve already made a file with those who supported my "plea".

as i think we all should be like a family supporting each other and the site doesn �t offer a way of building a "list of my friends" I decied to create my own!

this way I know wnho I am talking to :)

Thanks to you all

talk to you tomorrow

Greetings from sunny Portugal   

28 Jul 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

You look beautiful in the picture Lucia.  I really don �t think any decent person would make comments like the one you received.

28 Jul 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

i think everybody forgot the rude message that miss luicia recieved from that person even i dont know his name and attacked me.
 i dont think i made wrong i just agreed with all of collagues comments that such comments and private messages are wrong but to be fair read again my comments and judge is it rude or harm miss lucia?
i think i gave my aplolgise to her but why all this for.
 its not me who sent her the private message its him i dont know his nikname or from which country he came from
soooo
again and and again i gave my apology to miss luicia and i agree with some members here that every natiion has its tradition and i came fro acountry women cover her face and her all body
sorry again and dont missunderstand me
regards
khaled69

29 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Khaled I think some people are profiting from this occasion and turning it to a matter of flags. And you are for something. next time think twice before you send a message in a multicultural and multi-racial community.
Do you have an idea of what a "stereotype" is?

29 Jul 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Dear Lucia ;-)
You are ssssssssssooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!
Ignore the nasty remark!!
Hugs ;-)
Orit
(from very HOT Israel)

29 Jul 2009     

crisholm
Spain

khaled, apart from being too culturally self-centered and not aware of other realities: you could do with a grammar book!

29 Jul 2009     

celia86
Argentina

dear lucia
you �re beautiful and your avatar is perfect. Just ignore those idiotic comments
kisses from Argentina

celiaThumbs Up

29 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Dear Lucia: I understand your anger when reading "such a thing". What such a person says, has nothing to do with your photo, your clothes, or any other thing. It simply has to do with himself. I think what some people know about the internet is only focussed on chats and ciber-sex. Trying to make them undertand other things would be impossible, so, in my opinion, it doesn�t matter if those people are here or not, just, because such a message as the one he wrote to you, are totally nonsense. The best thing to do: not paying attention (even though, i repeat, i understand your frustration).

29 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >