Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New Avatar    

New Avatar

Carla74
Portugal

New Avatar

Hi there, dear fellows!

I don �t want to start a problematic thread here, but I can�t help feeling a bit worried on this case.
I�ve changed my avatar, I used to have a  photo where I was holding my seven-year-old daughter. But I began to get some strange pm �s, with spooky comments, regarding my girl!

Maybe some of you may think I am overreacting but I am only sharing this with you because I know many of you use pictures of your own children!
There are some strange members in this site now, I wonder if they are really teachers, the site is really polluted, sorry but I am really mad, they are messing up with my child.

I �m sorry, I know that Internet can be a dangerous place, publishing real photos can also bring negative aspects, but I thought I was safe here. I thought this was a kind of a family...
Once again, I �m sorry, I don �t want to influence any of you, I �ve changed my avatar, you will do whatever you feel will be the best for your case...
Carla

8 Sep 2009      

Denisa
Romania

Oh, Gosh, you got me worried, Carla! I do enjoy posting my personal photos here(esp. in the caffe) , and other friends from there, too! and we all thought this is safe!
Shouldn �t we try to do something about that?
What can we do?

8 Sep 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Carla, I �m so sorry for knowing that and a bit worried to... people messing with your little girl? that is too much!!! U did well in changing your avatar. Honestly I never publish my photos on the internet, I don �t like to expose myself.

8 Sep 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear carla! I �m really sorry to hear that. Have you already sent a private message to victor telling him what happened to you? Please do so. He will definitely know what to do.

Hugs from the Azores,
mena

8 Sep 2009     

Siemes_
Brazil

yes, I agree with you all,you did well. People must protect themselves and do not post pictures with children or babies in any web site. This is so dangerous now. That is why I use avatars or images and not personal pictures.

8 Sep 2009     

yolprica
Spain

I �ve also been sent some inappropriate coments on my looks I didn �t like at all because this site has a very different purpose. It �s quite clear there are strange people everywhere.
Hugs from Spain

8 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam Carla,

M so sorry to hear about what happened to u. U r absolutely right. One should be really aware of the dark side of this issue.

May God bless ur home and family with health, peace and success.

Ahlam 

8 Sep 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

Thanks, my friends for all your understanding and support!

I feel better now with a different avatar. You are all so right!! Internet has also this dark and spooky side...it is important to protect us. I �ve learnt my lesson, all right!!!

Hugs, Carla

8 Sep 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Hello dear Carla,
I sympathise with you. I would feel exactly the same if someone has said sth about my son.

I just want to let you know that although you said you changed your avatar, I can still see a photo of yours hugging a little girl - your daughter I suppose. I thought of letting you know in case you have to repeat the procedure and upload your new avatar.

All the best to you and your family
Vicky

9 Sep 2009     

vickyvar
Greece

Dear Carla,
your new avatar just appeared. I changed mine, too.

Thanks for the warning.

Take care.

Vicky

9 Sep 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hello Carla,
I also sympathise with you.I agree with Mena.You should tell Victor.
Hugs
AnaHug

9 Sep 2009     

1    2    3    Next >