Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > 118 downloads!!!    

118 downloads!!!

Lana.
Ireland

OOOOHHH...
I see then...
LOL Embarrassed
Pardon me then...

It is very bad, I agree, but tell me - how are people supposed to know whose worksheet is stolen and whose is original? This basically means that we are supposed to know all the worksheets on this website by heart and recognise each one of them once we them?

I wasn �t among those 118 downloaders but very easily could have been, I guess...

One way of checking it is taking a look at the creator �s profile, if he or she has no worksheets apart from the one pretty one on offer, I usually get suspicious, because most of newcomers � worksheets are simple and black abd white, it is later that they learn to create lovely stuff.

Or: maybe we can adapt a system in which every submitted worksheet is checked by experienced moderators before making it available for the rest to download? 

6 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I know that Libertybelle! But how many times have we mentioned this problem?
You can make a mistake once or twice (even a little be more) but we are talking about a recurrent problem!!!

You are right: sometimes there is no indication at all that a worksheet is stolen.
I know that Marisa (and she is not the only one) has recently taken some of her (precious) time every day to spot in advance those stolen worksheets. Every day we have an average of 5 worksheets that are stolen from Vanda!!! And I believe that most of those who download those stolen worksheets are fully aware of what they are doing!

6 Nov 2009     

eng789
Israel

Lana - interesting idea - checking ws before they become available to everyone.  But that means that people will have to wait longer to get their points.

6 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I am also aware of this aspect Lana!!
I �ve been a member for two years now and as a consequence I remember more old worksheets than you do. But still, I cannot remember all of them!!!

6 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Victor tried to implement something but it was a little bit complicated.

6 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I too don �t remember worksheets, but I DO recognize a style.
Vanda �s style is very familiar as are others here too.

We have to make sure the newer members know what is going on
with this person who daily changes his/her identity and consequently
uploads Vanda �s stuff.

You do have to remember FF - that even though
people, sometimes by mistake, download Vanda �s stuff - the thief receives NO points
the minute the sheet is deleted by Victor. The only problem is Vanda doesn �t
receive points. (not that points are a problem for her) But still, it �s sad.

6 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Members from different countries have uploaded some of Vanda �s worksheets. It is not the same person, I think.

6 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hello dear friends. Yes, it �s not easy to understand if a worksheet has been copied or not.
Now, If I am the first one to notice a ws and there are not comments, I don �t download it, I wait that other members do it. I only download those worksheets I �m sure they are not taken from others. I know it �s not 100% sure, but I try not to damage those who work hard!
Ciao

6 Nov 2009     

jessica farias
Argentina

I �M PRETTY NEW IN THIS SITE, LESS THAN A MONTH, AND I �VE READ YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT STOLEN MATERIAL.  THE RULES ARE SIMPLE AND CLEAR AND I THINK IF A MEMBER UPLOAD STOLEN MATERIAL MORE THAN TWICE HIS OR HER ACCOUNT MUST BE DELETED AND FORBIDEN TO ENTER THE SITE AGAIN.

IT �S REALLY HARD WORK TO PRESENT NICE WORKSHEETS, IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME AND YOU MUST BE CREATIVE.  IT �S NOT FAIR WHAT VANDA DOES, AND IT �S NOT THE FIRST TIME!!!!

JESSICA.

6 Nov 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Dear Jessica, it �s not Vanda that copies worksheets from other members, but her  worksheets are copied!
Ciao

6 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >