Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > 118 downloads!!!    

118 downloads!!!

jessica farias
Argentina

SORRY, I WAS MISTAKEN!!
IS THERE NO WAY TO KNOW WHO IS COPYING THEM???
JESSICA

6 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

OK, I see the following solutions:

- check the worksheets before they are published (more time and work)

- create a copyright water mark on each worksheet with the creator �s name, one no one
  can remove

- make images and text on worksheets uncopiable ("frozen")

- for the moderators: be quicker in checking suspicious worksheets and be the first to write
  STOLEN

- raise awareness among all members to check for moderator �s STOLEN warning

- raise awareness on stolen worksheets in general

- ban thieves forever

If I think of more, I �ll tell ya.

6 Nov 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

why  don �t moderators warn us about stolen worksheets and publish the thief �s name in the forum?

6 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

YES! publish the thief �s name by all means.

6 Nov 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I wish we could see the names of the members who download a worksheet once it has been reported as stolen! Wink

6 Nov 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Honestly, Vanda �s work is copied so often I almost feel like there should me a note about her in the rules. Copy Vanda �s work and you are out!!  (What if a sample of her work was on the page before you send a printable?)

It is getting / has gotten out of hand.

Pinky

6 Nov 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

But you CAN see them among downloaders, do you mean to publish the names?

6 Nov 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Sadly sometimes publishing the names or a link to the stolen worksheet sometimes gives them more downloads and results in members getting angry messages and retaliation by other members.

I would like to supply the ORIGINAL LINK for Vanda �s ORIGINAL worksheet.  I will now go and download Vanda �s worksheet to support her.  I would ask all of you to do the same. Surely you can help.

Here is the link to Vanda �s worksheet.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=249828#thetop

6 Nov 2009     

Nuria08
Spain

Hi!

I was checking today �s contributions right now and there are more stolen worksheets. Vanda �s are very recognisable and it �s easy to see they are stolen, but there is another one about the loch ness monster. And both of them have many downloads! (137 - 90).

There should be a way to detect those who copy worksheets and ban them from the eslprintables site FOREVER!!!

Hugs!

6 Nov 2009     

jessica farias
Argentina

When a moderator reports a worksheet as stolen , the word "stolen" should appear in red letters next to the name of the worksheet in the page when you want to download it, so that it would be more visible and members can be aware not to download that or any other page by the member who uploaded it.
Could it help????

Jessica

6 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >