Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Help I cant manage the students to be quite    

Help I cant manage the students to be quite

norway12
Bahrain

Help I cant manage the students to be quite

I would like to know the way to manage the class , I teach 6 Grade students 13 years old students boys only

I teach them English

they always talk , move , some of them fight and nobody listen to me when i talk please help me out

I find myself beating them but no hope they always do these things

29 Nov 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I sure hope you don �t beat those kids.

Perhaps you need to motivate them in other and more physical ways.
Games - songs - conversation cards, films, chants, plays and sketches, whatever works.
The question is do you want to teach them only on your terms or do
you want to meet them on their terms too?

Boys at this age are very physical - so if you can find physical games that
incorporate English - that would be a good place to start.

Aftab and many members here have millions of great ideas.
Let �s hope they see your cry for help and come with some of their ideas.

Good luck
L

29 Nov 2009     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

unfortunately some of the students which I call diabolical students turn teaching  into hellll and the toughest job on earth, I wonder why principals give to such a class a lady teacher because after all, we women are unable to maintain control on students like these, the only solution I find is to ask the headmaster to give you another class and find a man teacher for this specific class, it �s not a matter of skills and competencies but rather, a physically strong man can hush them easily

29 Nov 2009     

arodonarres
Portugal

Do they have the same behaviour with other teachers?? or is it just in English?? If so, there �s something wrong! Try to find what is it.

If not, how about talking to their parents???? They need to know that if their sons keep up the "good work", they will fail to pass your subject.

Try different things... Just don �t get involved physically..

Let me know how it goes later.
Dora

29 Nov 2009     

norway12
Bahrain

thank you liberty some times i give them Physical games it turns to chaos.

I agree with u ayda but i cannot change class because all of teacher are girls  

29 Nov 2009     

norway12
Bahrain

Dora they hate the english class because they cannot understand the language 

29 Nov 2009     

bubacskam
Romania

If you send me your email address, I could send you a pretty useful handout on how to keep discipline in class.  Maybe you �ll find some clever ideas ...

Krisztina

29 Nov 2009     

norway12
Bahrain

Thank you Krisztina 

29 Nov 2009     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you for posting this message: it needs courage to cofess that one has discipline problems!
I had problems last year with a difficult and unmtivated class! Whatever I brought in, they coulldn �t give a d....* And on this forum someone gave a few links for effecient classroom management and dealing with disruptive kids, so here they are for you ..... They indeed were of great help to me!
http://www.marvinmarshall.com/

http://www.keepschoolssafe.org/the-way-not-to-handle-disruptive-students/

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=discipline+&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

29 Nov 2009     

ayda louhichi
Tunisia

Guys the problem is not in the motivation or varying the teaching techniques in the class and all of this. The problem lies in the students themselves, she teaches in Qatar (one of the gulf countries and among the richest countries in the world) and I have an idea about teaching there. And I can tell something else, you teach in a private school , not a public school because in public schools, men teach men and  women teach women. But in your case, you teach in a private school and only rich people study there, in the class,your students talk about their latest brand new cars and travels but never ever about what you teach

29 Nov 2009     

norway12
Bahrain

you right ayda they are spoiled students

29 Nov 2009     

1    2    3    Next >