Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2    

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

AACG
Argentina

Probably a good idea to lower costs could be offering accomodation for those colleagues who are going to visit or trying to get cheaper accomodation.
Example: the school I work for has a big "house" usually used for spiritual retreats ( 5 minutes from town) that can host about 70 people and the cost is really low.

12 Feb 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

edlerverein, thank you so much. I �ll definitely take you up on your offer if I get to go. I was speaking about the people of this site at lunch time with my colleagues and everyone can �t believe how great the people of this website are.

12 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Lana & Mena: I just read all of the posts and the idea sounds great...

I cannot afford a trip to Europe, my pockets are empty but I send you all my support. Anyway if anyone in Mexico is interested in meeting, I will... I have special Mexican friends here: Charmed One, La Luna... we keep in touch almost everyday and I`d love to meet them some day (actually Charmed One and I have planned to do it very soon)

I live in Zacatecas, M�xico.

For Mexican people: I was searching for prices and I realized it is cheaper to travel to Spain than travelling to Argentina or Canada (just to mention some names)...

12 Feb 2010     

rafateacher
Brazil

Hi Guys!!!!

Count me in!!! Actually, I think it would be better do in our own coutries first.
   It doesn�t matter where it will take place, I�ll try hard to go . It soud perfect!!!

Kisses!!

12 Feb 2010     

poleta
Spain

I want to go wherever it is! Really good idea

12 Feb 2010     

svevar
Italy

what an idea!!!! I am in !!!! let me know!!! 

13 Feb 2010     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

I would totally LOVE it! But for now I can only afford traveling in Brazil.

So when you have sometyhing decided, let me know.

Plenty of kisses.

13 Feb 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

It is not really fair...

You ask who is willing to travel....I am, not only the globe, into outer space if I only could.
The real question is who is able!
I don �t know about your country but here you need to pay for a plane ticket with actual money, not with a lot of good will, motivation or creativity.
With a part time job as an English teacher (not enough hours of English taught to enable a full time job) and an unemployed husband there is no way I can afford going to another country to an Esl conference. I don �t know what your salary is like but aren �t you all getting carried away a little. Is there still any connection to reality here?  Did anyone take a moment to think which percentage of members can actually seriously consider this...Does anyone care that this is an elite-only endevour?  So much for a community spirit. I cannot afford something like this and I am fully aware that I am still living in a country with a relatively high standard of living compared to many countries represented here!
Sorry if I am too negative but it rubs some sensitive spots!
On this site we see a big variety of peoples and resources, from those teaching 40 kids in a class without any technology available and a limit on black and white copies to those with a smart board and a media centre for their small groups and everything in between. This in part will also reflect their socio-economic backgrounds. Still, everyone (lucky enough to have a computer with an internet connection - which already takes out a big part of very dedicated teachers in the world) manages to give and get something out of this site. I would like us to focus on what unites us rather than on what seperates us and the ability to travel to other countries to visit a conference is definitely something that seperates!
I personally spent more on postcards and stamps in order to thank everybody who send me a card for my project on countries than I make in several days of teaching put together. and that is stamps and postcards traveling the globe, not me!

13 Feb 2010     

flo84
France

I would love to have the oppotunity to meet some of you. Imagine! everybody wears a badge with the avatar on it so that we could identify each other easily. That would be fun, wouldn �t it ?

13 Feb 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Isn �t there a virtual world called Second Life where you can roam around freely? I admit I don �t know anything about it (I just remember reading an article about it a few months ago), but if possible, why not organise our first worldwide conference there?

Just an idea. Aficionados, please enlighten us and tell us if my idea is totally absurd.

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    Next >