Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2    

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

lshorton99
China

It definitely is margax! It regularly gets near 50!

Couldn �t we organise local versions - in different countries - for a weekend, say in May, then have the bigger ones in the summer where those who can meet in Europe, South America, Asia etc?

For example, I think in Spain it wouldn �t cost much for people to go for a weekend in Madrid, which is relatively easy to get to. Or Seville - if they wanted! By doing local versions in May, no one would be on holiday and I imagine it would be easier to do.

Then, say in August, we try to arrange a bigger meeting somewhere for more people to go to.

How does that sound?

13 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

I have to agree with Ishorton, besides the fact that it �s actually cheaper for people to get to London than it is to a place like Spain.

My parents are in Canada at the moment and we were searching flights all last month and to Spain, the flights were all quite expensive - but from London to Canada or Spain (and back obviously) - they were extremely reasonable!!!

I still think any meeting should be, probably, in London. There are always cheap flights from most countries to that grand urban delight! 

13 Feb 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I thought most people wanted Spainbecause it wwas suggested so many times. Of course Linda you are right,  London is cheaper. From Greece you can find really cheaper flights to London and BErlin than anywhere else.  Of course the idea of a meeting in our own countries, or several countries together as a first step is really the best. Aimee,  I would love to arrange a meeting in Greece for all countires near here. Of course my hometown Kalamata is a bit far - all the way south but anywhere in Greece I could do!

13 Feb 2010     

mariamit
Greece

I thought most people wanted Spainbecause it wwas suggested so many times. Of course Linda you are right,  London is cheaper. From Greece you can find really cheaper flights to London and BErlin than anywhere else.  Of course the idea of a meeting in our own countries, or several countries together as a first step is really the best. Aimee,  I would love to arrange a meeting in Greece for all countires near here. Of course my hometown Kalamata is a bit far - all the way south but anywhere in Greece I could do!

13 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

I stay with my parents when I go back to England and that �s just outside London so I �d be just as happy with London as Spain! That �s a little selfish, I know. I work summer school for six weeks in July and early August but after that I �m definitely free. We should get all the people in different countries coordinating about local meetings and find someone(s) willing to organise continental versions!

13 Feb 2010     

tareq
Egypt

Hi, Lana,Mena and everybody

It is Really a great idea. I am 100% with you . whether meeting within a country or in worldwide meeting  in a specific place and also with having sponsers.
I  thought about something else Victor might be able to do to help us all. It is only an opinion ,"Can Victor add an online chat section for Teachers within the ESL website?!!" . I think this May be a great idea to meet,chat and see each others on line. I wish you the best with the project.

13 Feb 2010     

phil niro
Japan

What about having a chatroom here for that purpose? It will be the best avenue for meeting all great minds in here.

13 Feb 2010     

teachergema
Spain

I agree with Tarekawed and Phil Niro... it would be perfect to have a chatroom to be able to chat on this topic (meetings ....) and also about other projects... or only to become friends and to know something more of each other....
I like the idea of travelling to have a meeting. Spain is really good for me but maybe Amsterdam, London, Rome... are great cities and easy to fly to.
I love travelling and I want to go all over the world but it �s easier (and cheaper) to move around Europe...
Don �t know.... let �s wait for Victor �s answer, what does he think???

All my best for all those in love. I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

13 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

WHAT ABOUT A CHAT ROOM IN "PALTALK" ????????????

Victor could be the owner and he could choose some of the great teachers from here to be the moderators Wink

Just an ideaEmbarrassed

13 Feb 2010     

EvaRamos
Panama

WOW!!! This is such a wonderful idea Clap.   It would be AWESOME to have something like that :).  I need to save money, but count me in :)
Eva

13 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    Next >