Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where is Ladybird ?    

Where is Ladybird ?

miss noor
Palestine

Where is Ladybird ?

Hi,

Where is Ladybird ?
I don �t see her around for a long time.

Does anybody know anything about her ??

Best Regards,
Noor

21 Apr 2010      

donapeter
Romania

wow...Ladybird left the site two months ago. I think...2 months. Or more.

21 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

She is here:

21 Apr 2010     

magneto
Greece

Why did she leave the site??? I really liked her wss! Thanks for the link KK!

21 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I�m here�

Quite a few users have asked me by PM if I�m Silke since I registered here. I have told all of them that I �m not the former user _ladybird_ and I still kept denying it when two people started to attack me in the forum.

I simply try to contribute to this website by helping people with their questions and by uploading my wss. I just want my peace and quiet; AND there are a couple of users I don �t want to stay in touch with anymore� Broken Heart Some of them have really disappointed me when I used to be _ladybird_, including Victor! We had a biiiiiiiiiiiiig argument and I just didn �t want to be part of ESLP anymore.

But I�m like a drug addict, so I missed uploading my work and participating in the forum, of course. That�s why I have been doing both again! But maybe I should have kept quiet!!

I had good reasons for not revealing my real identity: to escape from too much stress. My 76-year old father-in-law has been really, really ill. I don�t want to bore you with all the details, but my family and I have been going through very hard times since the beginning of February. My dad-in-law (Can you say that?? In German you can�) almost died and he�s still very, very weak. He was lying on his back for more than 6 weeks after he had had to undergo life-threatening surgery, because he had lots of blood in his lung. He�s got only one kidney anyway, because they took the other one out when he had suffered from kidney cancer 10 years ago. So everything was extremely critical, and he still isn�t fine NOW�

These circumstances might have led to the fact that 2 months ago I wasn�t as friendly and kind as I used to be. Unhappy

I know that some users (e. g. Sylvie and Aimee) are very angry with me, because they think that I�m just playing a game, but I really didn�t want to make fun of people. I sincerely hope that the majority of members can forgive me what I�ve done. After all, I�m only human � just like everybody else!

Julieta has once told me that I was kind of a role model in this site. I replied to her that I don�t want to be a role model at all. And by cheating you I have definitely not acted like a role model� I would really have liked to let many of you know about the truth, because there are definitely lots of friends I have been missing whole-heartedly. Cry

I simply was at odds with myself!! The problem was that if too many members had known about my real identity, I would have had to keep in touch again with so many people, and my time and nerves just didn �t allow that. I hope you �ll get the picture.

I apologise to all of you for having disappointed you by putting the wool over everyone�s eyes, but you can be assured that I had the strong wish to protect myself somehow. I probably chose a completely wrong way to do it, however, I couldn�t think of any other possibilities at the time�

Lots of love, hugs and kisses to those who still like me � Silke

21 Apr 2010     

donapeter
Romania

You know what......I am glad you �re here again! I know how it is to be overwhelmed with family problems and find an escape here, but still......the problems affecting your judgement. 
So...welcome  ! 
( I am so superficial I haven �t seen the resemblance between Ladybird and you Stern Smile

21 Apr 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

donapter, how about removing ladybird �s real name from your post above? I don �t think we have the right to reveal other people �s real identities here...

21 Apr 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Sorry! Name removed! Sorry again! 

21 Apr 2010     

jennybohmes
Argentina

welcome back!

21 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@elderberrywine

Thank you for being so nice, but It �s OK, because I have also written my real name on some of my wss. ;)

@donapeter

Thanks anyway. Hug And thank you very much for your warm words, too. They do me the world of good. Heart

21 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi, Silke!

Here we go again... and all my prayers for your father-in-law.

Have a nice day!

21 Apr 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    Next >