Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Downloading Resources for Teaching purposes only???    

Downloading Resources for Teaching purposes only???

bentem
Norway

Hi!
Thank you, olindalima. I hope there are more teachers like you out there, who are willing to share with other than "our own family".
And to you Vicki. As far as I know there is only one website that I link to that I hope earn a bit of money, and that is a site that two relatively unknown authors of children�s fairy tales book. They have made some modern fairy tales all by them selves. I link to this site to help them sell their books for children. My school have bought these books and the students love them. I am sorry, but I won�t take the link to these authors away, because I think they deserve to be known for their books.

21 Sep 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Thank you Vickiii, Thank you Frenchfrog
we can always talk before and decide later, because when we say"NO", then it is much more difficult to say "YES".
I don�t think they are doing wrong, they are doing different, they have their very special circunstances, and they try to do their best. I always praise those who manage to go far ahead, even when the road is difficult.
All the best, for all of you

21 Sep 2008     

bentem
Norway

Hi again (and the last time about this subject)
If you had seen my website you would have seen that I have a link to eslprintables on the front page.
Bente

21 Sep 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Simply great! Many of us will be extremely glad to welcome your fellow teachers!

21 Sep 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I know your site includes a link to eslprintables (I HAVE visited it). I meant other ESL sites in general.
I see I have offended you. Please accept my apologies.

21 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I also do not wish to offend this sharing caring person.  Just point out the other side of the coin...  The links looked like revenue generating advertising - I have removed mention of them in my prior post.  I sincerely apologise for suggesting there is revenue from this website.  I also continue to stand by my other points that it is better to refer here than to upload our resources elsewhere.  Although the comment about free sharing of information was a valid pointWink.

21 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi All.
Don�t you think guys that this teacher deserves having our permission to put "our" Ws on her site at least because she is asking permission and and doing things with great transparency.
Although I share Frenchfrog�s opinion not letting down this site for whatever, I don�t have knowledge of some rules set be "our" king Victor stating that soon the WS uploaded here are no longer "ours".

Do you remember Frenchfrog that one member who was so respected by all our community and who was discovered (accidentally) downloading WS secretly from this site and using them in her own website changing the headers and footers to her own info. and omitting to mention the real designers.

I visited her site and saw that she is joining the name/usernames of the owners. What can we ask more since her intention apparently is honest that is just to help other taechers. I can just suggest that she adds the sources website (ie. ESLprintables.com)  if possible for each WS taken from it.

I wish we still had the poll option we had in the old forum. Like this Victor or someone of us could launch a poll for a determined period of time and then decide all together if we let her or not use our WS.
Unfortunately now we can�t

Regards all

22 Sep 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello, everyone of you...
see what I meant    ?
Forgive me, in advance, but there is no need to say "NO"  so fast, because, after a while, we can see things in a different way.
There isn�t just a way, and there isn�t just ONE ( this) big family.
Things aren�t either black or white, in fact, we all know this world is a kind of gray scale, but, for some, it is more dark gray, for others, it is more light gray. Then, there are a few, beloved by the GODS, that live in a colourful world.
We are teachers, we MUST build big families, forgive me, I really love this family, of course I do, BUT I have mine, my own, family, my own real friends, you all are my beloved virtual family, and I do care with you, all of you, that�s why I don�t want to have just this fabulous virtual family, because I CAN HAVE MANY MORE FAMILIES.
You know a funny thing, I am most probably, one of the oldest in this site. Life teaches us so many things ..... that�s why when we become older  we see things differently.
You all know that fabulous poem John Lennon sang " Imagine "
Imagine, no countries, above us only sky, ... all the people sharing life in peace...
You know, it�s too late, and I surely had two huge crashes today in my "real" family, I am a little down...
Hope you read me with a smile...
All the best to each one and everyone of you

22 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Olindalima - you share such wonderful sentiments with us.  Thank you.

goodnesses - I am confused by your comments.  I never said people should not or could not share.  I simply made the point that to download resources from this website to use on another site and then use the forum to solicite support for another website was not being fair to the intent of this website. 

If you want to use someones printables you really should contact them privately either through their comments page or by e-mail.  I know I have used the comments page in the past to request permission to reference a persons printable.  It is not difficult to do. 

I think if you reread the comments you would find that no one took away your ownership rights, or denied you permission to enter your printables on other websites. 

I felt it was important that the other side of this issue was raised.  I do not think it is acceptable to try and restrict the creators of worksheets.  They may put their creations wherever they wish - Just don�t advertise on this forum that they are all available free somewhere else as it undermines this website!

22 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Directly to the last � in your last post. Seen from this point of you view (undermining) I can agree with you.
I don�t really understand the rest of the post.

I don�t know guys maybe today I am writing in some strange language but not English???

About ownership I said some one abused the colleagues about a month ago. How? This person took a lot of WS from this website. Changed their headers and footers by putting her own information instead of the owners one. Changed their format from DOC to PDF and finally put them in her own site. All this without the knowledge and the permission of the members of Eslprintables. This was going on for a long time until one day one of the members of this community discovered it.

So I never talked about myself.

I think the site still exist. I will try to find the address but I don�t think I can since the old forum disappeared. Maybe another member can remember it so that we can check.

22 Sep 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >