Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > When did it become against the rules to express an opinion?    

When did it become against the rules to express an opinion?

magneto
Greece

Thank you! I was beginning to question myself...But I feel much better nowSmile
P.S.: Thanks to those who sent support PMs, as well...They know who they areWink
Your support is much appreciated, dear colleagues!

4 Jun 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, magneto,
there was nothing wrong, offensive or whatever else about your answer. Don �t worry about someone bothering you.  Just put it behind your head (as we say in our country) and look forward upcoming weekend. Wink
Michaela

4 Jun 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I guess many members haven �t yet acknowledged the fact that we have 1 ("ONE") administrator, but lots of people who are willing to help in getting the job done.
Specially in advising new members.

Therefore, whenever a member does the job of simply �explaining � how things work in here, some believe they �re trying to play God, which is a total misunderstanding.

Anyways, if you are sure you did nothing wrong, I guess there �s no problem. I mean, for me, a clear conscience means everything.

Hugs, Bruna.

4 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Thank you all!
This feels more like ESLPSmile

4 Jun 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I wish people kept their conflicts behind the scenes ... 

4 Jun 2010     

fifey
United Kingdom

I am also new to the site, and being quite proficient in internet searching has brought me to this wonderful site. Yes, i �m a busy teacher, so are you, but i make time to send something. The only downside i have noticed is that if our contributions don �t get chosen they are deleted, presuming they are wrong. Well, this can �t be a good point, can it? Also, if the worksheets aren �t deemed to be ESOL/EFL or the likes. Find that one hard to swallow when i �ve been teaching at all levels for more than 20 years. Who decides these things? National Curriculum pretty much determines ESOL in the UK, so i �m sure you have similar in your countries. I posted a very simple worksheet, only to be told it wasn �t ESOL. Well i could give the references to prove that it was, albeit a very easy form, it has it �s place with learners who can �t even write their own name, or have some learning difficulties. I still think this site is a wonderful site, i do agree about not advertising, but i also can sense the frustration in waiting fo those initial points to come through. Guess nothing is perfect eh!

4 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

Hiya Fifey,
It also takes me a H.......of a time to prepare a ws & upload it here...But : I �ve learned so  much from here ( I , too, have been teaching for 17 years...). Our ws are NOT deleted if they do not get downloaded a lot : They can only be deleted if there �s something wrong with them ( ie : watermarked pictures, copies, not ESL...) Maybe sometimes, moderators can be wrong. But on the whole, I do think Victor - and moderators are doing their best to keep our work here. I got reported too, you know, & many of us were . It is sooooo frustrating, & unfair, isn �t it??? Still, this site & its members give you so much, I think it �s worth trying...
These �fantastic � initial points come very quickly, believe me....
But as you put it, nothing �s perfect!Smile
I think people nowadays want everything now ( not aimed at you!) , & it �s wrong! We all have to improve, & learn, & it �s not asking people too much to get 30 little points, to be able to download 30 ws / a day!!!!
If you can find a site just as wonderful as this one, please pm me! :o)))
Hope this comment is not rude - I �m not telling you off!LOL- just explaining what I feel...
Cheers,
Sylvie 

4 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Fifey wrote: "I do agree about not advertising, but I also can sense the frustration in waiting for those initial points to come through"...My point exactly!...And I think most members will agree on that.
BTW, Fifey, worksheets are not deleted when they �re not downloaded, I think...I �ve contributed a couple of worksheets that got zero points, but you can still see them in my contributions and they �re still available for downloading. I think only online exercises are deleted when they �re not chosen.

4 Jun 2010     

stexstme
France

OK... Sorry, Magneto, I disagree with you : These magic 30 points come very quickly! Com �on!!!! Aren �t you , people , aware of what making a �little � effort means?????????
Argggggg!!!
LOLWink
Wanna take but not give ??? ( Not you!)
When I first logged in - a long time ago! - I thought 30 points was ...NOTHING!!! I could not believe it! Even if it took me several ws ( with 2 or 15 points, you know...Wink), in the end, it was/ still IS!!! very easy to become a premium member!!!!!!!!!!
I think Victor has been very wise - again! : One needs to make an effort ( ie upload ws) , but with a very easy goal ( 30 points!!!!! Not 300!!!)

4 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Edit: P.S.: I also agree with those who say they wouldn �t want their contributions to be downloaded out of pity...It �s a lot more fun trying to improve your contributions and feel like you �ve done a good job...And, as far as I �m concerned, it �s not just a matter of improving yourself and getting the rewarding feeling that someone has acknowledged that...it �s also a matter of Ego - never beg
Got to go now...I �m starting to develop the symptoms of an addictWacko
Nighty night, dear colleagues!

4 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >