Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Dear eslprintables administrators and members, read it!    

Dear eslprintables administrators and members, read it!

blunderbuster
Germany

Well, apart from the fact that, content-wise, I had all the thoughts that Olinda had, but did not want to comment, yes, I think people would. I have been an avid user of the Reward Resource packs (quite expensive, but well worth it) and I was not able to change anything there..... I only use what I don �t have to change...If I have to make changes I might as well start over and do it myself...less of a hassle....honestly, if I have to change things because of a mistake, most of the time, I end up correcting many more, and, eventually, chuck the thing, if I have to delete pictures, the visual equilibrium goes away, change the font, the lines and text boxes get screwed up.

11 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I also use Resource Books (e. g. from Peter Watcyn-Jones), however, these have been made, printed and sold by real professionals! A collection of ESL printables would be a different thing. 

BTW, I don �t mind having to make changes to wss at all as long as it doesn �t take me hours to make them...

In fact, I do have 2 or 3 adapted versions of some wss I downloaded here! Sometimes, I even combine selected tasks from 2 or 3 wss from different authors to make one ws out of them. Makes my collection even bigger and more useful!! Approve

11 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

blunderbuster

Would you please be kind and edit your post; I don �t like that " the " before my name. It can be a typpo, or, it can be deliberate. Anyway, it surely is a mistake.
I also would appreciate that, in future comments, here, on the forum, you would not refer my name - nor positive, nor negative.
We are not friends, we don �t talk.

Thanks in advance

Linda

11 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Well, I am a fan of having stuff available online, when and where I need it, I am not a fan of storing things unnecessarily (my opinion), it would drive me nuts, having multiple versions of numerous ws...... Also, just think of all the electricity that gets wasted because everything that is available here sits/gets downloaded onto countless hard drives around the globe as well...... But that has nothing to do with the original suggestion, so I apologize.

11 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dearest Linda, you were the one that talked to me first. Apart from that, that typo has been edited, secondly, I can write about whomever I like as much as I want to and if I wanted to change my user name into *Onlindalima* I could. Grow up for crying out loud. All I can say is that I have never had a Brutus problem.

Asking someone to edit a post like that, that really takes the cake.

11 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

*LOL* (EDIT: I�m not laughing at your little dispute with Linda, but about a special part of your previous post.)

Regina, have you ever been disconnected from the Internet for some days? I have (several times), and this experience has taught me that it �s better to save everything I could ever need to USB sticks and/or CD-ROMs. There �s no good reason to keep everything on your hard drive, because it could be destroyed by a virus, for example.

it would drive me nuts, having multiple versions of numerous ws......

Not at all! :)) If your files are as well-organised as mine are, you won �t get mad: imagine I have 3 different versions of one ws. One would be called the original name, e. g. "furniture-rooms_elementary", the other two would be called something like "furniture-rooms_elementary_easy" (when I have simplified and/or deleted an/some exercise[s]) and "furniture-rooms_elementary_additional-tasks".

Anyways, I think we are 2 very different persons, and there �s no accounting for taste. Wink Everybody should do what fits them best...

11 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@ blunderbuster

you are a real false friend

YOU didn �t edit,

you erased.

You are not to be trusted

I simply can �t understand how it is possible that someone who, I think , is a teacher, supposed to educate children and teenagers can write such a byzantine thing.  Are you saying that , if you wnat, YOU STEAL my name ?

In my country, that would be considered a crime.

11 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Are we talking again!? Linda, learn to read, will you, also between the lines. This must be a joke.

11 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@blunderbuster

Between the lines, you go on erasing and erasing and changing what you have written before.

Print screens.

11 Sep 2010     

pilarmham
Spain

Could I say something? Maybe I �m wrong but... why do I get the impression that we are stressed already, and we have barely started the schoolyear!!!!

11 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >