Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Answer Keys    

Answer Keys

MrBaggins
Taiwan

@Manon  I beg to differ......as the administer at this site said....

"Worksheets which are just the answer key of another document can be reported from now on.
As usual, older worksheets can �t be reported for this reason."

Therefore older WS MUST NOT be reported for this rule!!!

26 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@MrBaggins,

keys uploaded separately were always reported and removed as non-esl resources - because they are NOT an esl resources. Only now Victor has made it easier.

I don �t understand one thing:
There was a discussion about making this a rule, everybody agreed and now there are people who are still not happy. I wonder if these people are EVER happy with anything!

26 Nov 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i agree with david and zailda. i also think that the non esl resource should be explained by victor and what is to be considered a non esl resource because  many times i see reported ws that are not breaking any of the written rules just because someone thinks it is not eslr and the real reason it is reported is because of the ws �s quality. for example i see everyday ws that have a task of writing something with a line under a clipart maybe related to jobs vocabulary, colors, numbers, etc.  and they are reported mostly because of the so called quality instead of the right rules. another example is the " an instruction and a bunch of lines are not an eslr in my honest opinion", on this one i agree, but is there a rule that says this is not allowed? another example, i see also many ws that are made for little kids, and they are often remove because of not being eslr. now that i am teaching kindergarten i understand how important it is to teach certain things. trace a letter is not considered here as eslr but i would love to hear victor �s opinion on this. my kids do not know how to write so in order for me to know if they understood the vocabulary i make ws that are cliparts that they have to match with a line. thought i have never upload such ws here , i have seen this kind reported because they are not "eslr" . another one are the cover pages, i remember victor saying that they are allowed if they have a task, but depending on the quality and how mcuh information the stu. has to write, some are reported and some are not. the same with the reward stickers, i still dont understand how come a sticker or a cover page  is an esl resource and teaching a kid to trace so he can eventually write is not. even if tracing or writing the alphabet  is not unique to the english language it has to be taught. so why do we allow alphabet flashcards, or powerpoints  and not tracing ws. if tracing the alphabet is not an eslr then why show the letters as flash cards ? please victor help us clarify this! in short.... and what about the poster option?  there is not explicit explanation in the uploading page about this yet sometimes they are reported because they are treated as flashcards when they are not, and there is no rule saying they have to be 4 in the same document. not to take any more of your time i just  think that victor should consider to review this " non esl resource" rule.

26 Nov 2010     

MrBaggins
Taiwan

@ MJ Misa I understand what you are saying

"keys uploaded separately were always reported and removed as non-esl resources - because they are NOT an esl resources."

BUT as the administrator of this site JUST SAID

"Worksheets which are just the answer key of another document can be reported from now on.
As usual, older worksheets can �t be reported for this reason."

I don �t think the administrator �s rules are open to free interpretation as he CLEARLY states above what the rule is!!  Therefore, OLD WS should NOT be reported!!!

26 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@MrBaggins:
Just for your information - I have never searched for old wss to report them for whatever reason. But sometimes when I downloaded an old ws which I found out was a copy, I did reported it. There are still 3 options to report old wss. I don �t agree with reporting old wss for wrong reason, but copies must go no matter how old are they.
I don �t remember any old ws with key being reported and removed. Keys were reported mostly the same day they were uploaded.
If you knew me you would know I am being sometimes punished for being too strict when rules are concerned, because I obey the rules. So I would hardly break them myself. Wink

26 Nov 2010     

MrBaggins
Taiwan

@MJ Misa 
I never accused you of breaking this rule....
I don �t know you well enough and to be honest would never accuse anyone of anything....
I also never said anything about copies...
I am just saying we as members of this website who are able to report WSs must follow the rules set out (specifically this rule in this thread) by the administrator of this lovely site

26 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

MrBaggins, the only time I report a printable, it �s because it �s a copy of something. This has always been the rule and it does not leave anything to interpretation. Old or new, you steal, you get reported. Period.
I �ve been here long enough to know that some old printables can �t be reported anymore for different rules.

26 Nov 2010     

MrBaggins
Taiwan

@Manonski

Sorry I guess I must have misundestood by what you meant when you said

" I don �t care about the date when it was uploaded."

I thought you were taking this attitude with all the rules even the one that Mr. Victor has just mentioned (since you included it in this thread).

26 Nov 2010     

rodrioli15
Portugal

Hi again
As I have seen written here, "Worksheets which are just the answer key of another document" are not esl resources. At least that was the reason presented to me when my key was reported.
My question is: If they (keys, solutions) are not esl resources, why put them in the worksheet? If they are not esl resources, then they are not needed, are they?
R. Smile

26 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

@ridrioli, the key itself is not an esl resource, it �s the activity that is the resource. Adding a key to an activity does not turn the printable into a non-esl resource.

@mrBaggins, sorry for the miscommunication. Have a good weekend.

26 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >