Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Answer Keys    

Answer Keys

rodrioli15
Portugal

Hi, Manonsky
I never wrote that a worksheet with key was a non esl resource. That �s one of the things I �ve been noticing in this forum: some people read things that are not written. It �s strange and funny at the same time.
What I wrote was that if keys are not esl resources, then why bother? It only takes our precious time and the majority of the members of this site don �t read them, because they don �t need to.
Did I made it clear now?
I hope so, because as far as I �m concerned, this subject ends here.
I have to work.
Smile
R.

26 Nov 2010     

Mariethe House
France

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/edittopic.asp?id=24549

26 Nov 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Rodrioli15, sorry if I misunderstood you. I admit that I �m tired and overworked like most of us here.
Thanks for clarifying it for me.

26 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

I think it would be really nice if the author could include the key when the worksheet is advanced (upper-intermediate).
Key is a VALUABLE ESL resource for the teachers and students as they can check their mistakes on their own... (good for homeworks, extra activities etc)

The key needn �t be a fancy thing.
The list of correct expressions will do.
The list can be written in 2-5 minutes so the author might include the key if s/he had time and found it useful.
But we cannot really force anybody to do it and include the key all the time...

It is an extra treat and I am always GRATEFUL to have it...

26 Nov 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

First of all, THANK YOU Victor!!! you �re doing a fantastic job ;)

if I may add my opinion on the subject, including the key is very easy ;) but the rule Victor added only says "it cannot be uploaded separately from the worksheet it refers to"... so if some members do not want to put the key of their worksheets, it �s fine!!! and those who used to upload them separately only did that to gain more points - even though it was quite useless because they were reported anyway...
so let �s stop this silly discussion on who �s right/wrong, who �s the best...
we all like to have the key to the ws we download - because it makes our lives easier - but as Mariethe House told us earlier (here), there �s so much we can worry about, let �s not put all our energy in petty arguments that lead nowhere...

have a great week-end everyone, enjoy the time you spend with your friends and family, and let �s hope eslp will continue to exist for a very long time!!!

take care!
Elodie

P.S.: please, I never meant to offend anyone, so don �t take this message personally, my only purpose was to tell you that there are more important things than this discussion ;)

26 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi again!

Victor is not a saint, but he may have all of a saint�s patience: he prepared very clear rules (as we constantly used to ask him to) but we were not satisfied; after a short lull we started heated disputes about rules again. Every day we have someone complaining about the rules  / removed worksheets on the forum.

So he decided to adapt the rules to better fit the situations we face on the reporting page and to avoid so many people whining and saying the rules are unfair, or the moderators are� not sure about their complaints, they�re so many�

About ESL resources, we have directions he � instead or writing - draw for us to understand clearly. We only have to follow the rules.

But why do we want new / fairer / clearer / etc. rules if many members simply don�t read  or distort them according to their mood?

A respectful member told me some time ago and I disagreed at that time, but now I�m convinced she�s completely right:  

�One day Victor will get tired of all of us.�

27 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Yes, I agree Zailda, too much complaining, considering what great help this site has become ... at least for me.

27 Nov 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

You are so right Zailda.  I sometimes wonder why people can �t be content with what we have.  There is no other site on the net like this one, and the day when we no longer have it, will be the day that everyone will really have something to complain about.

27 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Clap  Nancy

27 Nov 2010     

Apodo
Australia

Let common sense prevail!

27 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >